People employed by the government have, in the past, had to deal with tedious processes on issues of human resources. Such experiences became alarming following the ever-growing labour force that somehow had gone out of hand. It is then that the government developed GHRIS to provide an easy platform for employees to access online services.
Following the concern that government employees needed online services with ease, the Government of Kenya developed an online portal where their staff could efficiently access them. This system is known as Government Human Resource Information System, commonly referred to as GHRIS. This platform has brought convenience and efficiency, ensuring government employees get their payslips at the comfort of their homes or workplaces.
Who are the users of GHRIS?
What was the motivation towards GHRIS development?
The government embarked on the development of GHRIS to address all its Human Resource requirements. It was designed internally by the Government Information Communication Technology Officers in partnership with human resource officers. The portal interfaces with other current and future systems such as IPPD, G-PAY, IFMIS, and IRMIS.
How to register and download payslips from GHRIS
Below are steps on how to register on GHRIS:
- Get to the Government Human Resource Information System portal
- You will get prompts like; forgot password, register, and log in. Click on the registration if you are a new member and log in if you are a continuing member.
- Fill up an employee registration form with personal details regarding the national number, KRA PIN, official names, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and work details such as date of appointment and terms of service.
- The respective government agency, ministry, or department receives this information. The particular employer addresses grievances and disparities. If there are no issues, then GHRIS payslip download Kenya is at your service.
GHRIS online payslip download
Before you download your GHRIS payslip on the portal, you are required to have two essential items. These are GHRIS user personal number and GHRIS password. Below is a step by step guide on how to download and print your GHRIS payslip;
- Access the GHRIS official website.
- Click on the Government of Kenya Employees link.
- Fill in your ID number and password. Then click log in.
- If the details you have provided are correct, the portal opens.
- Click on My Records tab.
- Choose my payslip option.
- Several existing payslips will appear on the left side of the screen.
- If you only need your current slip, select the presentpayslip link.
- A new page will open up with the option of the month, year, and view payslip. Select view payslip and wait for it to be displayed.
- Select the option, “print payslip” to print your payslip. Choose your desired printer and finally click okay.
This is one of the most transparent, fast, and reliable means of getting valid payslips human resource officers attached to the Government of Kenya have offered. It is an in-house technology that blends in well with both the systems of the day and those to come, such as IPPD, IFMIS, IRMIS, and G-pay, all of which work collaboratively to ensure quality and efficient service delivery.
Why use GHRIS?
- It is an accessible portal available 24/7. The platform is also very transparent, so you do not physically look for the Human resource boss when in urgent need of a service such as a payslip.
- Since GHRIS is online, third party firms such as banks and insurance companies can easily confirm the required employment details. This is important, especially when applying for a loan.
- Prompt GHRIS online payslip download.
- Privacy- Unlike manual files, nosy colleagues cannot get hold of your private information without your authority. Therefore, your data remains safe unless you give out your GHRIS credentials.
- The portal is a doorway to other government services. It has been interfaced with other vital systems, including IFMIS, presenting various civil services at the click of a button.
Besides, any inquiries and concerns regarding system usage can be addressed through email@example.com.
Kenya has not been left out in the global information technology craze. GHRIS is one system developed by the government to support the planning, administration, decision-making, and control activities of human resources management. The best part is that employees can easily get their payslips by login into their GHRIS systems anywhere anytime.