Website United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN Habitat)
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th May 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlement Programme|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Qualification||High school diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||24th May 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Responsibilities:Within limits of delegated authority and depending on location, the Programme Assistant may be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and may not be performed by all Programme Assistants.)
- Assists in planning and preparation work for projects; monitors programme/project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific programmes/project and related topics or issues.
Reviews project documents, especially cost plans/budgets, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures
- prior to submission for final approval and signature; identifies inconsistencies; distributes project documents to relevant parties upon approval.
- Reviews budget revisions; verifies availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in computerized budget system.
Serves as focal point for administrative and programme coordination of branch activities to initiate requests, obtain clearances,
- process and follow-up on actions, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel, training, payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Assist in the drafting of correspondence on budget-related issues and various reports, briefing notes, statistical summaries, spreadsheets, etc.
- Provides general office assistance; responds to complex information requests and inquiries; sets up and maintains files; organizes meetings, workshops; administrative tasks, such as staff records, telephone billing, etc.
- Provides orientation and guidance to new/junior staff, consultants and interns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G5 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 11 May 2022 – 24 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Administration-UN-HABITAT-181056-J-Nairobi (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- The UN organizes administrative processes through UMOJA, IPMR and Inspira, have you worked with these or similar enterprises management systems?
- Do you have experience working with two or more of the following: grants management, organization of travel, recruitment, budget formulation.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required, Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply UN Habitat Administrative Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=181056
The Closing Date: 24th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.