Recruitment Matters Africa
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Management ]
Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
04 May 2022
Within Zambia , Zambia , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, a Logistics and Petoleum company is looking for an Area Manager to join their team in the Copperbelt
People/Human Resources (HR)
• Ensure the recruitment of high caliber employees (including but not limited to Account Managers, Branch/Diesel Truck
• Park Leaders, Branch Agents, Pump Attendants, Security, Canteen & Maintenance Staff) to drive a high-performance culture across the area.
• Effectively manage the team and the Customers within the assigned territory with strategic input and support from the Sales and Marketing Manager
• Ensure that all permanent and temporary staff in the team have up to date employment contracts as per the company policy and/or the applicable local legislation as a minimum.
• Implement and drive a high-performance culture to enable a pay for performance culture as directed by the Regional Manager and Company policy.
• Ensure all non-performance, non-compliance and misconduct issues are addressed formally and timeously according to company policy and/or local legislations as a minimum.
• Proactively manage all members of the team ensuring continuous and progressive performance. Operations
• Total management of our own and 3 rd Party branches and diesel truck parks
• Provide support and input into the rollout of best operating practices, processes, procedures, policies, stock planning and service levels KPI’s, as well as floor lay-out and look and feel.
• Ensure adherence and compliance to business best operating practices, processes, procedures, policies, health, safety and environmental requirements.
• Monitor, manage and improve stock levels, cash-up accuracy to eliminate stock-outs and minimize theft. Service Stations (stations)
• Provide support and input into the development and design of best practice service level agreements.
• Ensure up to date service level agreements are in place for all service stations and ensure adherence and compliance to company standards.
• Monitor, manage and improve service levels at both sites and stations to ensure customers satisfaction, volume growth and economies of scale.
• Monitor, manage and improve input costs at both sites and stations to improve profitability and competitiveness. Plan and schedule annual visits to all sites and stations with a skewed increased frequency to pareto sites (20% of sites that do 80% of our volume). company and Business Development and Corporate Affairs
• Provide support and input into the development and design of the new corridor development. Takeover, finalize, optimize and speed-up the corridor developments post the initial set-up. Take full accountability for the Corridor (Business) Development including new product and service development.
• Identify and actively pursue new business (product and service) development opportunities prioritized by return on investment within both new and existing corridors, ensuring that you lead the team by example.
• Apply special focus to enable the conversion of both new and existing products to be fully automated financial technology/online payment solutions to enable the minimizing of manual/physical intervention/work required.
• Actively identify, grow and leverage key stakeholder/government relationships to enable and improve the pace of implementation.
• Provide support and input into the development and design of the sales (including calling) and/or marketing plan/s.
• Ensure and drive high quality engagement by Account Managers and strict adherence to their sales calling plans.
• Grow existing customer utilization of both existing and new corridors, products and services by ensuring understanding of performance by product and service by customer, service point, branch, diesel truck park and country.
• Drive the increase in new customers sign-ups.
• Develop a quarterly action plans for implementation, based on the overall sales growth plan.
• Approve the objectives of the team, and ensure their alignment to meet the set targets.
• Investigate and integrate competitor and customer insights to identify growth opportunities and propose action plans to influence sales.
• Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage, competitor activity, and continuously search for new opportunities in order to increase sales in the region.
• Compile and submit / present monthly sales performance reports. Finance
• Provide support and input into the development of cost savings and budget plan/s.
• Monitor, manage and ensure delivery, performance and adherence against cost savings and/or budget plans and/or spend plans/policies by all staff and sites.
• Ensure business readiness of your assigned area and performance during and for all internal and external audits.
• Regulatory, Compliance, Governance and Legal
• Lead and manage with an example of integrity, honesty, transparency and openness.
• Actively identify, grow and leverage key regulatory/licensing relationships and knowledge to ensure compliance and governance according to company policy and local legislation as a minimum.
• Ensure great care, attention to detail, due diligence and the necessary approval from the CEO or designate is received for all new agreements prior to authorized signature.
• Ensure timely and effective communications of key regulatory/licensing/strategic developments and risks to the CEO and Regional Manager.
• Team Management
• Strong analytical abilities
• Must know and understand the industry
• Strong negotiating skills
• Strong commercial acumen, and proven ability to maintain tight budget controls
• Excellent administrative skills
• Persuasive and articulate- communicates clearly and reason logically
• Creates team spirit and encourages co-operation between team members
• Strong ability to present, convey and sell ideas, prospects and concepts
• Interacts with others in a professional, patient and confident manner
• B.Comm or equivalent Business Degree
• MBA is preferred
• Valid Driver’s License and Passport
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment
• A combination of previous experience in sales, logistics, operations, finance, business development and corporate affairs
• Entrepreneurial skills or mindset (ability to spot and take and advantage of opportunities)
• Proven track record in the management or an overall business or business unit
• Previous conflict management experience and excellent interpersonal skills
• Trade marketing skills
• Proven history of hitting sales targets & managing margins to maximize GP
• Experience monitoring the marketplace to identify business opportunities
• Excellent excel skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness in all the areas outlined in the roles and responsibilities
• Advanced communication skills (written, oral and listening)
• Extremely high levels of resilience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.