Website Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 20 April 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Area Managers to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 4 years|
|Application Deadline||28 April 2022|
NRC Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area. In Nigeria, this position is a member of the County Management Group (CMG). The following is a brief description of the role.
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions in the area
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a senior management level position in a humanitarian/recovery or development context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge on own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Some Knowledge/experience of at least two of the following program areas could an advantage: cash-based interventions, market based programing, food security and livelihoods, education (vocational training), protection, peace building
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC Area Managers Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 April 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.