Website United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR )
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 9th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Associate Protection Cluster Coordination Officer to be based in Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|Position||Associate Protection Cluster Coordination Officer|
|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||17th May 2022|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2022
- Support the Protection Cluster to ensure that protection informs and shapes the overall humanitarian response and that the protection response is integrated into the Humanitarian Country Team¿s common humanitarian action plan.
- Organize and facilitate meetings in line with the Principles of Partnership, ensuring that cluster meetings are consultative and results-oriented.
- Facilitate coordination with government counterparts and other relevant authorities
- Facilitate the coordination and conduct of Protection Cluster or Inter-Cluster level protection needs assessments, including participatory assessments of affected populations.
- Provide inputs to development of common funding criteria, resource mobilisation and prioritization within the Protection Cluster for inclusion in Consolidated Appeals and pooled funds processes.
- Assist in the delivery of protection training activities for Protection Cluster members, other local partners, and relevant authorities.
- Coordinate initiatives to build the protection capacity of the national and local government, partners and civil society.
- Through Cluster-wide consultative processes, provide input into the development of global protection policy and standards led by the Global Protection Cluster.
- Support reporting and information sharing within the Protection Cluster and at the inter-cluster level.
- Support and facilitate the Protection Cluster information management strategy and mechanisms.
- Ensure that the Protection Cluster produces regular updates and briefing notes on the protection concerns in the affected population, response activities, challenges and recommendations.
- Help foster a consistent interpretation and application of international law and related UNHCR and IASC legal standards and protection policies.
- Promote the Protection Cluster¿s adherence to international human rights instruments, the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement as well as other relevant international and regional instruments; in cooperation with the Humanitarian Country Team support local interventions when violations of international protection standards and principles occur.
- Promote and help strengthen national legislation relevant to internal displacement and durable solutions.
- Draft reports and prepare advocacy statements on behalf of the Protection Cluster – for clearance by Senior management.
- Organise and facilitate cluster meetings, work and cooperate with focal points sub-groups/working groups and ad hoc/task-related bodies for specific issues.
- Facilitate negotiation with the Humanitarian Coordinator/Resident Coordinator, the Humanitarian Country Team and cluster members on the prioritization and inclusion of project proposals and common funding criteria for inclusion in inter-agency funding appeals.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Associate Protection Cluster Coordination Officer, Temporary Appointment
- Location: Mekele, Eth Fed Dem Rep
- Hardship Level: D
- Job ID: 36447
- Salary Grade
- Family Location Type: Non-Family
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 3 years relevant Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Associate Protection Cluster Coordination Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 17th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.