Website Save the Children
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 May 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Audit Officer to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||A graduate of accounting|
|Experience Required||3 years+|
|Application Deadline||24 May 2022|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Internal Audit and Control Officer will support the SCIN Internal Audit and Control Specialist to ensure compliance with all Save the Children policies & procedures, donor rules & regulations and local laws. This will be done by supporting in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control processes in place in SCI Nigeria. S/he will support to review, document and assess the effectiveness of financial and operational controls over the SCI Nigeria program administrative and project activities in the field offices in the north-east. The Internal Audit & Control Officer will be extensively involved in investigating frauds, corrupt practices or misconduct allegations, undertake regular checks- process and management practice reviews, analyse- records, reports, financial statements and program implementation to ascertain the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls in place to mitigate the risk of non-compliance with SCI policies and procedures, donor requirements and local laws. S/he shall perform a variety of administrative duties to be developed and assigned by the Internal Audit and Control Specialist.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- On a sample basis, support in carrying out regular reviews of financial, Supply Chain, HR, Administrative and program operation transactions and implementation, ensuring documentation supporting the transactions are in compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures, grant agreements and donor regulations both at Borno Area office and the country office.
- Assist in investigating all approved frauds/corrupt practices or misconduct cases that may be assigned by management, diligently document all relevant evidence and report consistent with SCI standards.
- Support in conducting spot tests on donor requirement compliance in finance, Human resources, administrative, award, procurement, logistics, operations and programme (activities, documentation and reporting) in line with internal control and compliance risk base annual work plan.
- Perform administrative and operational duties as assigned by the IA&C Specialist
- Work closely with programme development unit to further improve risk awareness and responsive culture in designing and developing potential high risk awards and improving compliance culture on the existing awards.
- Support the IA&C Specialist in the preparation of audit reports to be submitted to the Head Internal Control and Compliance unit.
- Support the IA&C Specialist to plan, conduct audits and follow up with action owners on all internal and external audit action plans and provide periodic updates on actions taken.
Qualification & Experience:
- A graduate of accounting, finance or a related business field is required with professional qualification-ACA, ACCA or CPA).
- 3 years+ related work experience with a not-for-profit organization.
- Good background in compliance, accounting and internal controls; experience in auditing (internal or external experience).
- Experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in programme/project management in an INGO context) and experience of risk-based auditing.
- Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- Good report writing skills in English
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Able to speak and interpret either Hausa or Kanure local language.
- Strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Audit Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.