Business Development Manager
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Business Development Manager
Thunes is a global, fast-growing, and innovative Fintech scale-up that uses technology to disrupt and transform the existing financial system.
We have a strong Mission: to create a better global payments network, and a great Purpose: to connect the world to economic opportunities and address systemic inequality when it comes to financial services.
We are proud to power payments for the world’s fastest-growing businesses and work with some of the amazing global brands – from Gig Economy giants such as Uber and Deliveroo and Southeast Asia’s super-app Grab, to global Fintech leaders such as PayPal and Remitly.
Our Products help to drastically simplify the Payment integration experience for our customers: with a single, simple connection, businesses and consumers can send payments to – and get paid in – every corner of the world. Instantly.
Thunes is headquartered in Singapore with regional offices in London, Paris, Shanghai, New York, Dubai, and Nairobi.
Context of the role
Reporting to the VP SADC, the role is based in Lusaka to canvas for new clients and manage the full sales cycle of a client which includes onboarding, partner due diligence, legal paperwork, and technical go live. An understanding of the remittance market, FX spreads cross border payments/ fintech landscape is required.
This is an individual contributor role and responsible for contributing towards the overall sales and business development plan across the SADC region.
• Management of full cycle of sales process hunting for new clients, including agreement/signatures, live account status and ongoing management of accounts
• Developing sales strategies using your local market expertise to maximise go-to-market resources and execute against relevant opportunities
• Ensure excellent communication and internal coordination to roll-out new services taking into accounts market specificity (regulation, competition etc.)
• Attend trade shows, source leads, follow sales process and report back to sales management team
• Ensure all specific reporting within required time frame including full use of CRM tool with precision
• Provide timely feedback to line manager about performance, sales activity, account management and strategy
• Ensure account retention, contractual health, well-being, and maximum satisfaction of clients
• Initiate and maintain a strong link between customers and back office services to ease communication and facilitate the resolution of any issues,
• Identify trends by researching industry, related events, and announcements, and ensure effective working relationships with all relevant clients/partners, third parties and internal colleagues
• Effectively communicate the needs of your customers to the support team
What we are looking for
At Thunes to ensure we set out clear expectations for the business and for you to succeed, it is equally important for us in defining not only the nature of the role responsibilities but that the cultural fit in working style and approach is a match! So please read carefully below before putting yourself forward.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of direct or indirect work experience in the Payments Industry (Money Transfer or Mobile Financial Services)
• Hands-on, driven B2B salesperson from the fin-tech/payments world, especially selling to PSPs
• Strong understanding of customer, market dynamics and requirements within Africa payments space
• Results-oriented with great skills in communication, organisation, negotiation & networking
• Must possess a can-do, entrepreneurial drive, focusing on solving problems creatively. This is critical both as a cultural fit and based on the nature of internal business growth plans
• Experience in multiple complex solution sales to financial institutions including Tier 1 Banks
• Target driven and a passion and ownership to deliver numbers
• Proven ability to operate in a fast paced, global, complex and geographically diverse company
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• CRM proficiency, SalesForce CRM knowledge is a plus
• Ability to travel 50% or more
Sound like you? Apply now!
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16th May, 2022.