Website TechnoServe Zambia
Consultancy Services – Mentorship Program for Women Clients
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Consultancy Services – Mentorship Program for Women Clients
TechnoServe is an international nonprofit organization that helps people lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the power of the private sector. Operating in almost 30 countries, we work with hardworking women and men in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
The requirements for TechnoServe’s anticipated purchase are listed below. An additional and more detailed Statement of Work is also attached.Candidates meeting the aforementioned criteria and interested in being considered for this consultancy should submit a one-word document (with a maximum of 10 pages)
Proposal Content Instructions
In addition to responding to the Statement of Work, all proposals must:
• Describe the qualifications, experience and capabilities of the firm in providing the type of services being requested by this RFP. Resumes or CVs of “key personnel” shall be submitted as an attachment.
• Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between TechnoServe and the submitting organization.
• A brief outline of the company and services offered, including:
• Full legal name, jurisdiction of incorporation, and address of the company.
• Full legal name and country of citizenry of company’s President, Chief Executive Officer, and/or all other principal officers of the company.
• Year the business was established.
Proposals must contain a detailed cost breakdown with applicable taxes and other charges clearly identified (and be presented in conformity with any further instructions included in the Statement of Work).
To ensure consideration, all quotes must be submitted in the language, currency, and by the due date noted below:
All proposals must be emailed to the address below with your proposal attached in one or more files (PDF preferred). You will receive an auto-confirmation upon receipt. To ensure the integrity of this procurement exercise, DO NOT email your proposal to any employee of TechnoServe or deliver your proposal in hard copy to a TechnoServe office. Failing to strictly adhere to these instructions may make your proposal ineligible for consideration. Email: buy+ZM+P0010870@tns.org
Order of Events
This solicitation exercise will be administered in accordance with the following dates (subject to change at TechnoServe’s sole discretion)
18/05/2022 Last date that questions will be accepted. Note that questions and answers will be distributed to all interested parties, so questions should not disclose trade secrets, confidential information, or information that might give another vendor a competitive advantage. Questions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
20/05/2022 Date that answers to questions will be distributed to all.
27/05/2022 Last date that proposals will be accepted by TechnoServe.
Terms and Conditions
• The Request for Proposal is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
• All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFP. All late responses will be rejected.
• All unresponsive proposals will be rejected.
• All proposals will be considered binding offers. Prices proposed must be valid for the entire period provided by the respondent or required by the RFP.
• All awards will be subject to TechnoServe contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
• TechnoServe reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal or cancel the solicitation process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting proposals for such rejection or cancellation of the RFP.
• TechnoServe reserves the right to accept all or part of the proposal when awarding the purchase order/contract.
• All information provided by TechnoServe in this RFP is offered in good faith.Individual items are subject to change at any time and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TechnoServe is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom.
• TechnoServe reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
• The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All Responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of TechnoServe, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the Response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
• Bidders are required to identify and disclose any actual or potential Conflict of Interest
Criteria for Selection
The evaluation of each response to this solicitation will be based on the requirements set out in the Criteria for Selection and according to the requirements in this RFP. At the sole discretion of TechnoServe, the responsive bidders may be selected for follow-up questions or to provide an oral presentation.TechnoServe eserves the right to award the contract to the organization whose proposal is deemed to be in the best interest of and most advantageous to TechnoServe. TechnoServe will not award a contract to any bidder where there is indication of a lack of business integrity. After TechnoServe receives proposals and written evaluations are completed, the selected bidder will be notified. Commitments made by the bidder after selection, and final demonstration will be considered. The following points will be assigned to the proposals for evaluation purposes.
Max Points Criterion
05 Price, inclusive of all delivery fees and taxes
20 Understanding of the ToR
05 Knowledge of business management
20 Certification in Mentoring
10 Relevant Education background
40 Experience Providing Mentorship to women
Required Competencies and Experience:
• University Degree in one of the social sciences, preferably with specialization in women’s and gender studies, business management or a closely related field. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience mentoring women; either one on one or group mentoring.Certification as a mentor is an added advantage.
• Proven, in-depth understanding of key challenges and opportunities in women’s empowerment in the private sector/enterprise development. Familiarity with the Agriculture sector and Agribusiness in Zambia is an added advantage.
Submission of Proposal
Candidates meeting the aforementioned criteria and interested in being considered for this
consultancy should submit a one-word document (with a maximum of 10 pages) with the following contents:
• A maximum one-page cover letter summarizing the applicant’s interest and capacity to implement the mentorship program.
• Sample implementation plan with project milestones that details how and when the consultant proposes to deliver the Scope of Work.
• CV(s) and a summary of the consultant or team’s experience in providing one on one or group mentorship to women in business management, especially in specific areas relevant to the project such as agribusiness. Include mentor certifications.
• List of three professional references we may contact who can attest to your experience and expertise in business management and mentoring. Include contact information (daytime phone numbers and email contacts).
• List of the three most recent relevant assignments that you have undertaken, including description of why these are relevant to this call and what learnings were drawn from that assignment.
• Detailed budget to deliver the scope of work (max budget).
• Proposals responding to the FED Mentorship call should be sent electronically
The attached Statement of Work represents an integral part of this solicitation.
See attached scope of work.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to buy+ZM+P0010870@tns.org