Website World Health Organization (WHO)
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25 April 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant Study of the Health Co-benefits of Climate Mitigation to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Position||Consultant Study of the Health Co-benefits of Climate Mitigation|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||5 or more years|
|Application Deadline||01 May 2022|
WHO Job Vacancy 2022
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: The World Health Organization (WHO) will be supporting Nigeria through their Ministry of Health to undertake this health co-benefits assessment. WHO will collaborate with partners which have experience already collaborating in Nigeria on the elaboration of SLCP inventories and GHG studies.
The WHO will be establishing a Health Co-benefits of Climate Mitigation Expert Working Group that will provide expert guidance to the study as required and provide a peer review of the study findings.
The proposed objectives of this study will be to:
- Analyze the spatial distribution of pollution problems in the country and the regional effect on children.
- Propose a series of transitions to clean fuel and technologies in the residential sector and associated emissions and air pollutant reductions with a consideration of equitable access
- Estimate the government and individual costs of these transition scenarios
- Estimate the avoided air pollution-attributable deaths/daily from these interventions;
- Estimate the social benefits from these interventions;
- Integrate study findings into Nigeria NDC revision process and provide recommendations on opportunities to use findings to raise NDC ambitions.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in public health, environmental health sciences or public policy.
- Understanding of energy policy decision-making processes in Nigeria, and engaging/advising governments or other stakeholders on policy options;
- Understanding of the challenges and intricacies of multi-sectoral policies and decisions in Nigeria
- Demonstrated data collection and analysis;
- Demonstrated strong research and analytical skills;
- Familiarity with WHO normative products, specifically the WHO Guidelines for indoor air quality: household fuel combustion;
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- 5 or more years working to develop and/or evaluate energy policies and programmes;
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of policies and programmes in Nigeria, related to household energy value chain;
- Conducting a needs assessment/situational assessment and/or stakeholder mapping in a low or middle-income country, preferably in Nigeria,
- Modelling of policy scenarios to estimate population health and environmental impacts;
- Preparing workshops, consulting and interviewing stakeholders, including those working in the government, within the private sector and non-governmental organizations.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Consultant Study of the Health Co-benefits of Climate Mitigation Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.