Website International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
The IFPRI has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 April 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant Survey Firm to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)|
|Position||Consultant Survey Firm|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Application Deadline||29 April 2022|
IFPRI Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: A research/data collection firm is sought to develop and field an in-person survey in Nigeria on household poverty, women’s livelihood opportunities, and women’s political participation – including engagement with government leaders.
- In consultation with local leaders and our implementing partners, help us finalize the set of wards that will comprise our research sites such that: 1) existing WACs within these wards do not create spillover problems; the wards are sufficiently accessible so that all research and implementation activities stay within budget; and the wards are likely to draw in women with a high but unmet demand for information and leadership training.
- Lead development of a sampling frame of married couples in which wives are age 50 or younger and for which the woman is not currently involved but may prospectively be interested in joining a WAC (our eligibility criteria) – and guide us on any other recommended participant selection criteria to help ensure our trainings target the population in which the trainings will be most impactful and to ensure baseline balance across treatment 1 vs. treatment 2.
- Oversee the securing of local IRB approval in Nigeria.
- In collaboration with the research team, communicate with relevant government agencies to seek approval for surveying activities.
- Help us co-identify one political leader in each ward that can serve as the focal point for questions about interactions with policymakers and can help oversee a subsequent grants competition.
- Identify an individual within each ward to conduct an elite survey with. This survey will not take place until the post-treatment phase; however, we would like to begin activities to identify who we can survey for the purposes of the elite survey.
- Work with us on applications to secure funding for follow-up surveys.
- Excellent knowledge of women’s empowerment programming in Nigeria, and women’s civil society organizations’ operations and roles
- Facility with any required local languages as well as English
- Ample experience designing, fielding, and analyzing data from household surveys in Nigeria
- Specialization in conducted large-scale randomized control trials (RCTs) in Nigeria
- Experience and demonstrated track record in working with PIs to secure large grants to fund follow-up waves of data collection in the context of RCTs
- Professional demeanor in all practice and particularly in oral and written communication
- Ability to approach people in a friendly, compelling, and engaging way
- Experience securing government support for and local IRB approval of household surveys in Nigeria
- Time-conscious, able to respect deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IFPRI Consultant Survey Firm Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 29 April 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.