Website Ifakara Health Institute
Cook (1 post) – Bagamoyo
The Cook will work in the metabolic kitchen to prepare meals for the study participants.
Position: Cook (1 post)
Reports To: Co-Investigator/Nutritionist
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: April 27th 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the food preparation workstations, cookware and utensils are clean and sanitized.
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh.
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients.
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods.
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes.
- Follow all food health and safety requirements.
Qualification and Experience
- Secondary School Education Certificate (Form IV/VI).
- Diploma in Food Production, Hospitality Management, or Hotel Management.
- Experience in related works with demonstrated skills in cooking other than for family.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to skillfully multitask.
- Ability to work independently as much as possible and follow precedents and procedures.
- Teamwork, problem-solving skills and ability to manage temper.
- Creativity, innovative and willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills (to understand and communicate with colleagues, participants and relatives).
- Maintains strong and effective working relationships with co-workers as well as other department or patient care staff.
- Time management and record-keeping skills.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Wednesday, April 27th 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include; COOK – MM4MN PROJECT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania