Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
A member of a Corporate Banking Team responsible for providing credit solutions to customers
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess and analyse credit requests with a view of providing solution to customers.
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements, and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products
- Prepare credit applications for Corporate Banking customers for purpose of recommending to the Sanctioners.
- Work with RM in obtaining all pre clearances like compliance clearance
- Co-ordinate execution of other documentation and draw down of facilities.
- Analyse historic and projected financial information to identify key issues and monitor compliance with covenants and terms prior to discussing with Relationship Manager
- Act as the joint contact for credit management purposes for Credit Teams
- Attend customer meetings with the Relationship Managers if credit related issues are to be discussed/ need to be resolved
• Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit related policies
• Liaise with Credit Team for limit approval/allocation in line with mandate and scale
• Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
·Monitor quality of the portfolio through tracking past dues and excess with strict compliance with conditional approvals.
- Ensure timely submission of quality EW, RRCC and excess Reports.
- Monitor Risk triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Collate customer produced financial information.
- Ensure borrowing clients are 100% KYC complaint.
- Provide technical input and undertake research for Relationship Manager in connection with proposed security.
- A proactive approach to identifying EW accounts – No sudden slippages into Business support and Recovery.
- No movement of account to BSR without going through EW
- Liaise with Credit on credit applications and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Attend Relationship Team meetings and contribute fully, including suggestions for ways of improving client performance
- Monitor and Control quality of portfolio using ‘Condition of Sanction’ triggers where possible. Discussing with Sanctioners deteriorating trends and trigger events if they give cause for concern and advising the Relationship Manager simultaneously.
- Prepare timely stress tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study wherever required.
- Prepare Credit opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of credit CCRS and Audit ready at any time
Risk and Controls Objectives
Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
- Keep a vigil on the Portfolio Monitoring Reports/ Credit Monitoring processes & ensuring that procedures/Policies are complied with any deviations to be escalated to Unit Head/ Head Credit & Operational Risk Controls/Credit
- Ensure to remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Banks efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to : identifying our customer, knowing our customer, reporting suspicious transactions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Absa Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Meeting customers needs
- Managing relationships
- Self confidence
- Analytical thinking
- Active listening
- Working with others
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Models
- Basic keyboard skills
- Writing skills.
- Proficient in use of internal computer systems.
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
A good knowledge of:
- Branch based products and services frequently used by Corporate/Global Corporates customers including features, tariff/pricing and availability.
- Internal instructions/procedures
- The roles and responsibilities of other members of the Relationship Team.
- Products and services offered by other areas of the Absa Group which are frequently used by Corporate/Global Corporates customers including features, tariff/pricing and availability.
- The Bank’s service standards.
- Certain products, processes or issues to act as ‘Team Expert’ in areas which complement detailed knowledge of other team members.
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of individual based in other areas of the Absa Group who could typically have some involvement with the customer base.
- Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and customers.
Other requirements specific to the role:
- There are no specific qualifications other than the Bank’s entry requirements.
- Undertaking or having completed A.C.I.B. examinations, relevant professional qualifications would be an advantage.
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Technical Securities
- Financial Analysis and Lending skills
- Business development and selling skills
Absa’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Finance and Investment Management (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.