The ACDIVOCA has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 April 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Chief of Party to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Position||Deputy Chief of Party|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||10 years|
|Application Deadline||10 May 2022
ACDIVOCA Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in providing leadership management and general technical direction to the Activity. The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Provide technical leadership to activities that improve agricultural productivity, livelihoods agroecosystem resilience, livestock and nutrition using a market systems approach.
- In collaboration with Home Office Program Management Team, ensure overall management of ACDI/VOCA’s team and resources
- Design, test, and scale resilient market-led mechanisms to promote and deliver inputs and services to livestock producers
- Design embedded extension solutions to facilitate the transfer of improved livestock rearing practices to producers
- Develop interventions that address system constraints and identify leverage points for appropriate action, support, or investment
- Prepare and contribute to work plan, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Provide leadership to continually stay on top of evolving market trends, conducting targeted research on new/potential market channels and technologies, business models, and partnerships
- Identify risks related to the implementation of the program in a timely manner and suggest corrective measures
- Integrate adaptive management systems and a culture of collaborating, learning, and adapting that encourages the flow of information and reflection to maximize performance and continuous improvement across project teams and external partners
- Ensure compliance with program objectives and USAID rules and regulations
- Support the overall knowledge management process, contributing to quarterly reports and the M&E and learning processes
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events
- Coordinate activities with government officials, other development partners, stakeholders, and institutions active in the target areas
Qualification & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in livestock management, agriculture, animal sciences, or relevant field is required; master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of experience implementing agricultural value chain development activities in the Nigerian livestock sector
- Prior experience as a Deputy Chief of Party for USAID-funded activities strongly preferred
- Proven experience coordinating with other donors, government institutions, and private sector organizations, effectively interacting with municipal government counterparts and local organizations
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral) required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ACDIVOCA Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.