Website World Bank
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 03rd May 2022 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Economist to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Position||Economist – Economics|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||17th May 2022|
Roles & Responsibilities
The Economist will be responsible for the monitoring and assessment of macroeconomic developments in South Sudan and will also contribute to the preparation and supervision of the MTI’s work program working closely with the Lead Economist covering South Sudan as well as the Country Manager and country team.
Specifically, the Economist will:
- Monitor developments in the economy, research and analyze the country’s economic, financial and sector issues;
- Maintain macroeconomic database and regularly prepare updated medium-term macroeconomic projections. Use/run economic/financial models and toolkits using existing software packages, or Bank’s own models;
- Participate in the design, preparation and dissemination of analytical economic work and reporting on South Sudan, including country economic updates; and coordinate the preparation of the Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA);
- Prepare briefs and analytical notes, and contribute to the writing of sections in analytical reports, in particular for the biannual South Sudan Economic Updates.
- Support the Country Management Unit (CMU) in the implementation of the World Bank’s South Sudan program.
- Engage in policy dialogue with government of South Sudan in coordination with the Lead Economist;
- Develop and maintain active engagement with other development partners and local think tanks and researchers.
- Work across countries as needed as part of the global MTI team.
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics with at least 5 years of relevant work experience (PhD Preferred).
- Technical Proficiency: Skills and experience in working on economic policy issues and data analysis. Proven strong conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in these areas.
- Communication and Team Skills: High level of personal and professional integrity. Self-starter. Strong ability to function well in a multi- cultural environment, and working in teams.
- Results-oriented personality with proven problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Familiarity with econometric software such as E-Views, STATA or other statistical packages and MS Office programs, including Excel, is essential
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Bank Economist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/career………
The Closing Date: 17th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.