Website United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd April 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Environment Affairs Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Position||Environment Affairs Intern|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Qualification||Graduate School Programme|
|Experience Required||No Working Experience|
|Application Deadline||6th May 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
Job Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Law Division and/or their designates, selected interns will work with and learn from a team of experienced legal professionals in the area of environmental law. The interns will be offered the opportunity to:
- Assist countries to develop environmental legislation or to review and revise their environmental legislation through carrying out research and analysis and, providing comments and drafting proposals for consideration;
- Carry out research on select environmental law and governance issues, including but not limited to environmental rule of law, multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs), progressive development of international environmental law; implementation and enforcement; human rights and the environment; and environmental crime;
- Prepare written summaries and/or make oral presentations of his/her research, including briefing notes and reports;
- Assist in the organization and support of training events and other meetings and workshops that are organized by the Division through, e.g., preparing the agenda, liaising with participants, compiling materials, making presentations, taking notes, etc.;
- Help monitor, manage, and assist in due diligence activities for online knowledge bases, such as InforMEA and LEAP, in support of UNEP’s digital transformation. This will include providing up-to-date information on environmental laws, news, and resources and supporting LEAP’s response mechanism to requests for technical assistance;
- Undertake such other tasks as may be assigned by the Director and/or her designates, such as the preparation of communication material promoting the Law Division’s work.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: INTERN – ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 22 April 2022 – 06 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Environmental Affairs-UNEP-179783-J-Nairobi (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
How to Apply UNEP Environment Affairs Intern Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179783
The Closing Date: 6th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.