Website International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Environmental Health Assistant to be based in Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee|
|Position||Environmental Health Assistant|
|Location||Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||22nd May 2022|
IRC Job Vacancy 2022
- Provide technical support at site level in rehabilitation and/or new construction of water facilities including motorized borehole, shallow wells, and rainwater roof harvesting systems, and construction of sanitation facilities.
- Ensure that all construction materials, tools/equipment, and machineries are available for each work as per the specification quality and quantity.
- Undertake regular field supervising visits to assess progress on projects, support staff, and identify technical and implementation issues. Propose solutions to issues, potential improvements, and take action as the need arises to ensure projects meet international standards.
- Inspect and ensure the required quantity and quality of construction materials are delivered to construction sites by the contractors and/or suppliers.
- Evaluates and verifies contractor employee quality, performance through review of undergoing and completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of contractor employees.
- Inspects all WASH construction works and make on time correction and rectification actions to defected constructions.
- Organize and conduct trainings covering Emergency WASH and water quality monitoring at facility level.
- Follow accurate safety procedures and ensure safe working environment and act before any health or safety risk occur.
- Coordinate data and information, prepare, and maintain records, documents, and control plans for the monitoring of projects implementation and follow project activities as per the monitoring tools.
- Supervise and ensure proper management by water committees in Operation and maintenance of the schemes.
- Closely follow up and monitor water tracking activities operationally and quality of water at source, distribution, and consumption points by conducting chlorine residual test and act if needed as per the World Health Organization guideline.
- Register and collect daily Residual chlorine test reading for water track and report to supervisor in weekly basis.
- Train and guide water track monitor on water quality testing at source and dumping and follow up the daily registration of the chlorine residual test reading.
- Ensure accurate application of IRC policies, and procedures in IRC field offices including donor regulations and government policies.
- Train water user associations on basic water scheme management care and project sustainability.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and submit to the supervisor on the work progress of water supply activities.
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule, according to contractual conditions, within budget, and with adherence to high standards of quality construction.
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisors.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req27582
- Job Title: Environmental Health Assistant (Fedis woreda of East Harerge)
- Sector: Environmental Health
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Adama, Ethiopia
- BSc Degree/Diploma in Water Supply, Construction, Water Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field from universities or colleges.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience for diploma holders and zero year for degree holder extensive experience in rural water supply & sanitation activities.
- Demonstrated practical experience in construction/rehabilitation of rural water supply systems especially in spring development, plumbing, construction/repair of hand dug wells, installation/repair of hand pumps is a must.
- Experience on managing the construction and maintenance of large scale motorized schemes specifically deep boreholes has added value.
- Demonstrated experience in managing labor and material at construction site.
How to Apply IRC Environmental Health Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/27582?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 22nd May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.