Website Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an Environmental Superintendent to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and the overall objective of this position is to co-ordinate, direct and organize systems and team effort and provide leadership to ensure compliance and conformity to the national environmental legislation and company requirements.
Reporting to: Social and Environment Manager
- Responsible for the preparation or updating of an Environmental Management Plan (EMP).
- Assess environmental requirements for new projects and manage the Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) of the mine projects.
- Plan and implement Environmental programs (environmental degradation. monitoring, waste management and rehabilitation) and ensure compliance site wide.
- Maintain and implement programs to promote awareness of environmental policies and procedures among the Bulyanhulu employees and contractors
- Assist Social and Environment Manager in the preparation of annual environmental plan andbudgeting,
- Bulyanhulu mine EMS is conforming to ISO14001. The Environmental Superintendent will be required to provide technical support to managers and contractors across the site to ensure that the EMS is implemented effectively and processes are continuously improved, and ensure that ISO certification is maintained.
- Maintain the environmental obligation register, and a register of other requirements that the Bulyanhulu subscribes to. Keep track of changes of regulations, and update the environmental legal register as required.
- Maintain an annual compliance assessment process against the environmental legal and other requirements applicable to Bulyanhulu operations; and work with managers where there are gaps to ensure the gaps are closed to achieve the anticipated level of compliance.
- Support the mine in identifying and applying for permits and licences from various regulatory authorities.
- Ensure Mine Closure Plan is updated in accordance with legal and other requirements.
- Capture all information needed for the annual environmental liability and facilitate the annual updates of the environmental liability estimates.
- Prepare environmental reports for Bulyanhulu management and Barrick Region/Corporate on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Conduct and/or coordinate all environmental related audits required for the site and prepare the site as appropriate to ensure information are made available for those audits.
- Plan and facilitate all compliance related audits.
- Identify and recommend areas where researches are required to collect more information and develop appropriate mitigation. Such areas may include mine closure, acid rock drainage, etc.
- Manage existing and future environmental projects to ensure the intended outputs are delivered.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Management from a reputable university
- Professional registration with NEMC as Environmental Expert (EIA and Auditing) is an added advantage
- Computer literacy is essential – Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc. The use of GIS and other specialised software’s for environmental management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar diversified high level portfolio as described in the profile, of which 5 years must be at senior level, in a mining industry
- Strong capability in setting standards and procedures for environmental management and ISO 14001 certified environmental management system
- Project management experience
- Experience and ability to work long hours in a remote site environment will be an added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Verifiable track record gained in similar diversified high level portfolio
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of ISO14001, environmental legislation particularly in the Tanzanian mining industry and regulatory set up
- Environmental problems solving skill, and analytical ability involving large amounts of data
- Environmental chemistry skills
- Environmental auditing as per the Environmental Management (EIA and Audit) Regulations, 2005 and its amendments; and also ISO14001
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, both technical and non-technical
- Environmental impact assessment and auditing skills
- General understanding of global trends and standards for environmental management
- Leadership skills and employees management
- Significant base knowledge of all the areas depicted in the role profile
- Must be motivated individual with ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Strong values in safety, and ethical conduct
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 27th April 2022