Website Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Northern (CH3P-HIV&TB) Activity contract. Under C3HP, EGPAF offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV in 5 regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida), tuberculosis (TB) in 6 regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida and Tabora), and family planning (FP) in 3 regions (Arusha, Dodoma and Manyara) services across each continuum.
Job title: Executive Secretary
Reporting to: Country Director
Job grade: Grade 6
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Executive Secretary will be a point of contact for internal and external relations on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Country Director /Chief of Party for the USAID Comprehensive Client Centred Health –HIV & TB Northern Project (C3HP). She/he will provide high-level administrative support to the Country Director/Chief of Party and the Country Management Team through effective planning, coordination, office management; administration and logistics oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Administrative and Logistical Support :
- Support the Country Director / Chief of Party in a proactive manner, working closely and effectively with her to keep her informed of impending commitments, obligations, and actions that require follow up.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure that the Country Director’s and USAID’s C3HP Northern Project’s schedules are followed.
- Prioritize conflicting demand; respond quickly and proactively to issues; and complete relevant projects on time, even when deadlines are tight.
- Manage communications and responses with important EGPAF Tanzania external stakeholders and establish a positive rapport with them.
- Schedule meetings with government authorities, EGPAF Tanzania donors, EGPAF Tanzania external partners, and others as needed.
- Review and align all papers before submitting them for signature to the Country Director / Chief of Party including contracts, MOUs, timesheets, and expense reports, as needed.
- Keep an archives of relevant materials for the Country Director’s office / Chief of Party
- Oversee the Country Director’s / Chief of Party Project departments’ file systems.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on issues and concerns presented to the Country Director/ Chief of Party particularly those that are sensitive or confidential.
- Follow up on the outcomes of meetings attended by the Country Director / Chief of Party as needed, ensuring that the outcomes are executed in accordance with the meeting.
- In collaboration with appropriate EGPAF Tanzania stakeholders, prepare agendas and related documents for field visits.
- In collaboration with the EGPAF Tanzania Administration team, prepare the agendas for the Country Director / Chief of Party visitors.
- Handle all logistics in-country, including itineraries, transportation, lodging, and any other request/reservation during the visit period.
- Provide essential information to the Country Director / Chief of Party prior to a meeting or consultation, such as context, visitor profiles, planned agenda, and interests.
- Assist the Country Director / Chief of Party with any other tasks that are allocated to him/her.
- On behalf of the Country Director / Chief of Party, draft replies to EGPAF HQ, Donor Offices, EGPAF Tanzania Country Office, and Field Offices concerns.
- Determine whether concerns should be delegated or referred to others, and provide proper briefing and documentation.
- Assist the Country Director /Chief of Party in effectively disseminating information.
- Prepare reports for the Country Director / Chief of Party
- In cooperation with communications or other CMT members, prepare communications and presentations for the Country Director and the Chief of Party
Support and Liaison
- Serve as a link between the Country Director and the USAID C3HP Northern Project office and EGPAF Tanzania internal departments, exhibiting leadership to preserve EGPAF Tanzania Country Management Team and USAID C3HP Northern Project Senior Management Team credibility, confidence, and support.
- Assist in the scheduling of meetings, attend meetings, and takes notes/writes reports as an adjunct member of the EGPAF Tanzania Country Management Team and the USAID C3HP Northern Project Senior Management Team.
- Assist in coordinating the agendas and meeting invitations for the CMT/USAID C3HP Northern Project management meetings.
A bachelor’s degree in law from an accredited university, or a bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resource management, or a related field of study, is required. Post-graduate education will be beneficial.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in a similar function, preferably in a high-level administrative or executive position with an international NGO.
- Potential candidates should be mature, possess high-level skills and experience in supporting top management leadership
- Proven ability to write technical and managerial communication (letters, reports, minutes, and presentations)
- Working understanding of Tanzania’s government and USAID’s structure and communication channels
This position requires a person with the following attributes:
- Excellent English and Kiswahili written and oral capabilities (ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English)
- Outstanding computer literacy and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) fluency, as well as excellent documentation abilities, are required.
- He or she must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an extensive network in the government and non-profit administration sector, be innovative and able to make solid decisions in a range of settings
- Detail-oriented, excellent analytical, strategic planning capabilities and able anticipate needs and obstacles
- Ability to prioritize, work efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Must be proactive in meetings and exceed the needs of the Country Director/Chief of Party of the USAID C3HP Northern Project.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good listening skills and the capacity to keep confidential information
- Excellent presentation skills, able to be assertive yet with compassion and respect for others
- Ability to work in a team-building environment and contribute to it
- Ability to communicate with people from various backgrounds including international settings, cultures, and levels of authority
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends to meet event or assignment deadlines (should the need arise).
- Thorough knowledge of the EGPAF Tanzania core values, policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements for the USAID C3HP Northern Project.
- Superior planning, coordination, and reporting abilities, as well as the ability to coordinate
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to the below Link:
Closing Date: April 29th 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.