Website United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR )
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th April 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Field Security Associate to be based in Bule Hora, Oromia, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|Position||Field Security Associate|
|Location||Bule Hora, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||2nd May 2022|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2022
- Provide assistance to the supervisor in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the UNHCR staff, operations, premises, partners and persons of concern.
- Conduct regular security assessment missions to the field as required in coordination with UNDSS/other agencies; gather and analyse information about the security situation during field missions.
- Be aware of security protocols and procedures in place in accordance with the UNSMS policies, UNHCR Policies and the, Security Risk Management process for the designated area ;
- Conduct checks for compliance and advise management on any deficiencies.
- Monitor the physical security of UNHCR premises and reports on deficiencies.
- Monitor and supervise the guard force In accordance with relevant UNSMS policies and guidance.
- Assist UNHCR Protection Colleagues in efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern.
- Provide support during implementation of security-related projects.
- Assist in the monitoring, updating and reporting of security-related events.
- Assist in the processing of administrative security issues.
- Maintain relations and cooperation with UN security management system actors, local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities and other relevant agencies.
- Provide security briefings and training to UNHCR staff, and as appropriate partner staff, on relevant security risk management processes and measures for the country concerned to include security situation updates, , the warden system, communication notification and reporting procedures, travel planning procedures road air and fire safety.
- Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
- Provide security-related advice to the manager and other staff.
- Maintain liaison and build relationships with Host Government Security Forces and security counterparts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Field Security Associate
- Location: Bule Hora,Ethiopia,Fed Dem Rep
- Hardship Level: E
- Job ID: 35838
- Salary Grade: G6
- Family Location Type: Non-Family
- High School Diploma.
- 3 years Relevant Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Field Security Associate Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 2nd May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.