Christian Blind Mission
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Christian Blind Mission
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Finance Manager
1. About CBM
Christian Blind Mission is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
2. Core Purpose
Acts as a specialist in accounting and finances, for the Country Office. To be accountable for all daily office management matters, including collection, recording, analysis and subsequent reporting of financial information about the performance, financial position, and appropriate use of funds of the CBM Country Office and Partner Projects
• Set-up and maintain strong control processes to ensure that financial resources are used by partners in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed.
• Work in direct liaison with the programme team and provide ad hoc reports as may be required.
• Perform periodic audits or spot-checks of partner financial management and control systems.
• Enforce partner delivery of timely, complete and quality finance reports in line with CBM’s requirements, including annual financial statements; verify quality and provide feedback to partners.
• Maintain database of partner reporting records.
• Give immediate notification of (critical) finance issues, and engage actively in the resolution of these issues.
• Monitors cash balances with partners.
• Budgeting and planning
• Country Office finance management and controls
• Staff line management
4. Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant area of specialization with a professional qualification in accounting (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CIA).
• A minimum of 5-years of experience in a senior position ensuring effective financial management and institutional grant management.
• Ability to develop financial management capacity in others, and promote the importance of solid financial controls internally and to partners.
• Solid understanding of project cycle management.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Thoroughness and business acumen.
• Attention to effective written and verbal communication.
• English (professional proficiency)
• Proven skills in people and team management and coaching, with a focus on capacity development and performance management.
• Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
• Advantage of lived experience with disability.
• Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
• Commitment to CBM’s mission, vision and values.
• Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 25th April 2022.