Website United Nations Secretariat
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 22nd April 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Gender Unit Support to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Secretariat|
|Position||Gender Unit Support|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||27th April 2022|
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities: The Individual Contractor will support the Gender Unit of OSESG-GL with project management and implementation and monitoring of the Advisory Board’s WPS Action Plan, and the UN Strategy Action Plan. More specifically, the Individual Contractor in support of the Gender Unit will undertake the following duties:
- Support the management of WPS projects in the form of project design, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting for new projects and extensions of ongoing projects.
- Provide technical support for women’s economic empowerment, including training and capacity building on regional economic tools.
- Provide support in preparing periodic substantive and financial reports for implementing donor contributions, projects, and activities in line with OSESG-GL requirements of programme management and Trust Fund policies.
- Assist with the results-based monitoring system and conduct lessons learned activities
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the SGA and Senior Management.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Gender Unit Support
- Department/Office: Office Of The Special Envoy Of The Secretary-General On The Great Lakes Region
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 21 April 2022 – 27 April 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Office of the Special Envoy of the Secretary-General on the Great Lakes Region-179557-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Social Science, Gender Affairs, Political Science, Law, International Development, Public Administration, or other related fields. A first level university degree with a combination of two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in women’s and/or youth economic empowerment, gender inclusion, and project management is required.
- Experience in protection of vulnerable groups and/or in prevention of violence and discrimination against women and girls, and/or other peace building initiatives is required.
- Experience in training and capacity building of women and community groups is required.
- Experience in working with national or regional trade development organizations is desirable.
- Experience in advising on the planning and organization of business and trade groups is desirable.
- Experience in report writing or as a rapporteur is desirable.
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Gender Unit Support Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179557
The Closing Date: 27th April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.