Website World Health Organization (WHO)
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th April 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Infectious Hazard Management (IHM) Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization|
|Position||Infectious Hazard Management (IHM) Officer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||19th May 2022|
WHO Job Vacancy 2022
Description Of Duties:
- Advise on the development, implementation and evaluation of the national strategies and work-plans pertaining to the prevention and control of high threat diseases of pandemic & epidemic potential or infectious risks and the implementation of evidence-based strategies to manage infectious hazards, interventions in high-risks groups and recommend measures for special attention, ensuring compliance with organization-wide IHM strategies.
- In close collaboration with the risk assessment, health information management and other teams in HQ and the respective Regional Office, monitor the early prevention, detection, verification, assessment and investigation of any risks of outbreaks and the dissemination of data related to the occurrence of outbreaks.
- Adapt IHM global policies, concepts, tools and strategies and manage their implementation at the country level, for the prevention and, where feasible, elimination of diseases/epidemic risks. Work with partners, to improve approaches and methods of controlling epidemics in different epidemiological situations.
- Conduct the periodic reporting of infectious hazards activities, support the information systems and the monitoring facilitating integration with the national health information systems, as required.
- Contribute to the surveillance and risk analysis of infectious diseases; participate in the rapid response teams responsible for the rapid investigation of alerts, field risk assessments and early detection and response.
- Ensure that risk communication messages are technically sound and socio-culturally appropriate to induce, engage and empower stakeholders in the prevention, mitigation and control of infectious hazards.
- Make recommendations and give guidance on relevant courses of actions to be taken in affected as well as non-affected areas in order to prevent and/or control cause of excess morbidity and mortality.
- In close collaboration with other technical teams, provide technical assistance on vaccination, enhanced surveillance, infection control (including personal protection), enhanced sanitation and hygiene, increased provision of water and/or nutrients, prepositioning of drugs and medical supplies, vector control etc. Request the activation of technical experts networks at global or regional level to characterize the pathogen and the disease in case of unknown infection.
- Represent the Country Office at official meetings as needed.11.Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Infectious Hazard Management (IHM) Officer
- Grade: P4
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): One Year
- Job Posting: Apr 18, 2022, 6:47:54 PM
- Closing Date: May 19, 2022, 3:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Organization: AF_ETH Ethiopia
- Schedule: Full-time
- Advanced university degree (Masters level or above) in medicine, public health or health related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
- At least 7 years of international and national professional experience in planning, developing and implementing the control and prevention of infectious diseases programme including outbreak prevention and control, infectious hazard management and/or dangerous pathogens. Relevant experience with the inter-agency mechanisms used to coordinate international preparedness for and response to health emergencies.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations. Experience in developing countries.
How to Apply WHO Infectious Hazard Management (IHM) Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203418
The Closing Date: 19th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.