Website United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th May 2022 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Information Management Specialist to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||Information Management Specialist (WASH), P-3|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||23rd May 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
Purpose of the job: Under the direction and guidance of the WASH Cluster Coordinator, the Information Management Specialist will support UNICEF and other operational agencies with information/data visual products to make evidence-based and strategic decisions on: (i) the scale, scope and coverage of the UNICEF and inter-agency emergency response; (ii) the needs of affected populations; (iii) prioritization of areas according to programme indicators; (iv) the need for humanitarian actors; (v) the key gaps in needs and response; and (vi) availability of human, material and financial capacity. The incumbent is expected to undertake 2 field visits per quarter and spend 15% of their time in Field locations.
- Advanced university degree preferably in a relevant field such as geographic sciences, humanitarian affairs, political science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, or Communications.
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience at national and international levels of which two years should be in the humanitarian sector or in emergency-related programmes.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Technical Skills and competencies:
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, synthesis and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience in information management, data analysis and visualization tools and software (Excel, R, Adobe suite, Power BI, ARC-GIS, Web content management)
- Experience with implementing multi-sectoral operational tools to quantify the number of people in need with the ability to classify the severity and drivers of needs and vulnerabilities is an asset.
- Experience working within a Cluster is an asset.
- Job No: 550858
- Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Information Management Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550858
The Closing Date: 23rd May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.