Website United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on May 10, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of International individual consultant to conduct a Children on the Move Study to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund|
|Position||International individual consultant to conduct a Children on the Move Study|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||May 23, 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
Purpose Of The Assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to explore the magnitude, push and pull factors and vulnerabilities that children encounter while being “on the move”. The scope of the work will cover internal movements as well as cross border migration of children.
Yet too often children on the move (CoTM) face numerous challenges in transit, at destination and upon return, often because they have few – or no – options to move through safe and regular pathways whether on their own or with their families. They may be forced into child labour, pressed into early marriage, exposed to aggravated smuggling, subjected to human trafficking, and put at risk of violence and exploitation or. They often miss out on education and proper medical care.
When it comes to Children on the Move, the UNICEF focus includes all child migrants and refugees, whether they have crossed international borders or not, and whether they are forcibly displaced or in search of better opportunities. This includes internal migrants, as well as internally displaced persons (IDP), asylum seekers and refugees.
Position in Organization:
- Job no: 550832
- Contract type: Consultancy
- Duty Station: Harare
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Zimbabwe
- Categories: Child Protection
- A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences: Anthropology, Sociology, Social Work
- At least five years working experience with a master’s degree in social sciences, specialization in child protection and migration will be an added advantage.
- Experience in conducting research, especially on survey methodology, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good facilitation skills and experience in participatory research is an asset.
- Familiarity of statistical packages i.e. Excel, SPSS etc.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
How to Apply UNICEF International individual consultant to conduct a Children on the Move Study Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/550832
The Closing Date: May 23, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.