Website Save The Children
The Save The Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th April 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Light Vehicle Driver to be based in Gambela, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||Save The Children|
|Position||Light Vehicle Driver|
|Total Vacant Post||1|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||6th May 2022|
Save The Children Job Vacancy 2022
- Receive the vehicle with its accessories by hand-over documents and signs hand-over formats for receipt of vehicle with its accessories
- Providing transport service to staff, visitors and guests.
- Handles clients with due care and respect. Respects the faith and culture of different communities
- Respects the rules and regulations of departure and arrival hours according to logistic manual
- Handles confidential matters with due care and in consultation with senior staff.
- Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time
- Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, checks the level of engine oil, radiator, and windscreen washer water are adequate, etc
- On weekly basis, checks the level of brake and clutch oil, battery water and the pressure of tires is at the proper levels, and also ensures that all lights and indicators are working properly
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is not driven by another person unless authorized
- Maintaining all safety and security measures to the vehicle under his/her care.
- Ensuring that the vehicle assigned to him/her is clean, fuelled, lubricated and regularly serviced as per schedule.
- Keeps all tools and reserve tyre with due care. Handles the vehicle and other related accessories and materials with due care
- Cleans seat belts each day and wears the same all times and insists all passengers to do the same
- Carry out minor vehicle maintenance at specified intervals and keep thorough maintenance logos for each vehicle.
- Have the SCI logo visibly displayed on all SCI vehicles, except where this would jeopardize staff safety or be inappropriate to specific local circumstances.
- Park in safe and secure areas all SCI vehicles during working and non-working hours. Parks the vehicle in safe place during night.
- Undertakes minor repair of the vehicle
- Report accidents as occurred immediately
- Adheres to rules and regulations of Save the Children International.
- Respects the traffic rules and regulations strictly
- Performs other related tasks as required
- Transports materials to respective destinations. Gives due care for the materials while loading and unloading.
- Requests repair and Car Wash service by filling forms and formats designed for repair and maintenance service for the vehicle on time. Checks the vehicle for repair and maintenance made by the garage against repair order.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Light Vehicle Driver
- Place of Work: Gambella
- Program/Unit: Logistics and Supply Chain
- Monthly Salary in ETB: As per the organization scale
- of Positions: One(1)
- Length of Contract: 1 year contract with high possibility of extension
- Opening date: 27-April-2022
- Closing Date: 06-May-2022
- Completion of 12th grade or 10th grade in new education curriculum.
- At least 3 years of work experience in International NGOs with clean driving record on 4×4 wheel drive.
How to Apply Save The Children Light Vehicle Driver Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ethiopia.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=77177
The Closing Date: 6th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.