The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Implements & executes policies, procedures and guidelines set forth by group IA and forensics team and ensure the team complies with the same;
- Delivers results under the guidance of the Group GM Internal Audit & Forensics, abiding by all the set directives and regularly reporting compliance;
- Ensures implementation of OpCo Internal Audit charter, policy and strategy as informed by the MTN Group Internal Audit and Forensics charter, methodology and systems;
- Establishes a competent Internal Audit & Forensics function to service the OpCo assurance requirements in consultation with Group Internal Audit and Forensics;
- Ensures utilisation of the Group mandated GRC tools and systems and source ancillary supplementary tools as needed as approved by the Group function;
- Executes and monitor special audits on an ad-hoc basis as required by regulators, business line management, the Group or other Audit Committees;
- Adheres to the system of management reporting requirements that provides timely and relevant information on all aspects of internal audit and forensics issues to OpCo management and OpCo Risk Committee and the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function;
- Completes and timely report, on a quarterly basis the internal audit & forensics report and recommendations for the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function as well as the Audit and Risk Committee to assess the OpCo financial controls and general state of the control environment, through adherence to Group Mandated templates and reporting criterion.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration or Professional qualification in Accountancy/ Auditing i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CIA, CPA etc
- A minimum of 4 years’ total experience in Internal Audit and/or Forensics required, with at least 3 years in a managerial role, experience in Fintech, banking or financial services is preferred;
- In depth experience in Risk Management, Internal Audit or a similar function, working with internal control tools;
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding emerging markets.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mtnzambia.zohorecruit.com.