Marketing and Communications Coordinator
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Advertising & Marketing ]
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Quality Made Affordable!
Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a
Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as- you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60
Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
• We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress;
• We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves;
• Everyone is encouraged to create a positive impact for themselves, their colleagues, andour customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in
• 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
• 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
• 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
• 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
• 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
We are looking for a highly committed, dependable, and motivated individual to join our
Marketing team. This position will report to the Managing Director.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that
VITALITE services and products are effectively promoted, with the goal of establishing the brand and growing the company’s sales and registrations across all sales channels.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will, among other duties, be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Develop, implement and evaluate the annual strategic marketing and communications plan covering all relevant communications media.
• Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with internal business goals and objectives.
• Develop, implement and evaluate marketing and communications campaigns to support sales activity.
• Develop, implement and evaluate marketing and communications materials to create a cohesive image of the organisation.
• Monitor, evaluate and report on competitor activities and make recommendations derived from findings and identified opportunities.
• Develop marketing plans/budgets and deliver those plans within budget.
• Collaborate with external partners to develop and deliver marketing activities.
• Procure adequate marketing collateral to support marketing plans.
• Redevelop and manage company website and social media activities to achieve both brand and sales goals.
• Professional, Proactive, and Productive attitude, whilst paying great attention to detail.
• University Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
• Excellent Communications Skills (Oral and Written)
• Negotiation Skills
• Strong marketing track record.
• Professional & Proactive attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Should have a creative mindset and be willing to learn.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Kindly take note that:
• Graphic design and copywriting experience will be an added advantage.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please email your up-to-date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications, and 2 references from prior employers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also enclose an essay of no less than 400 words in response to the following –
“Describe how you would to develop a marketing and communications plan for a Solar
Irrigation Product targeting rural, off-grid smallholder farmers”. Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.