[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Within Zambia , Kitwe , South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We currently have career opportunities, to be based at our Head Office in Kitwe, in the following fields:
Contract Type: Permanent
This role is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of a range of mechanical fixed plant, equipment and tools in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
What you will be expected to do for successful & optimal performance:
• Install and modify new and existing mechanical plant and equipment in accordance with technical standards, layout plans, drawings, manuals and regulatory requirements.
• Dismantle and assemble mechanical plant and equipment using a range of hand-held, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
• Troubleshoot and carry out fault analysis investigation on a range of substation mechanical equipment to determine root causes of mechanical faults and breakdowns.
• Perform regular running and static inspection of fixed mechanical plant and equipment.
• Report faults and defects on mechanical equipment and machinery.
• Assist to deliver planned maintenance to drive safe and reliable system assets through diligent work execution and equipment improvements.
• Repair and replace defective components on mechanical equipment to restore equipment to reliable functionality.
• Actively participate in maintenance planning and support planning for spare requirements.
• Compile detailed maintenance sheets in a proper and timely manner to facilitate record keeping.
• Ensure maintenance sheet data is accurately captured on the Maintenance Enterprise Resource Planning tool.
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s HSE and risk management policies and standards.
• Carry out all work tasks and assignments in strict compliance with the applicable HSE policies and standards.
• Utilise materials, tools and equipment efficiently to minimise resource wastage.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
• Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Minimum Craft Certificate in Mechanical Fitting.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the maintenance of fixed plant equipment and associated infrastructure in the extractive or electrical transmission and distribution industry.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and follow work instructions.
• Ability to read and understand maintenance manuals and assembly drawings.
• Hands-on experience and proficient use of maintenance equipment and tools.
• Knowledge and experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems, lubrication and power transmission including bearings, gearing, sprockets and couplings, fans, shaft alignment, bolting, hydraulic bolting and flange management.
• Knowledge in the construction, installation, maintenance, repair and fault-finding of mechanical aspects and systems of high voltage equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers and other equipment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please complete the online job application form here. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 6th May 2022.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visitforms.office.comm .