Website OSC Ltd
OSC seeks well-qualified, dynamic, and collaborative applicants for Monitoring and Evaluation Advisors for the anticipated USAID Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Platform. The purpose of this contract is to holistically assist the USAID/Tanzania Mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s implementing partners and DO teams. The MEL Support Platform will also implement a capacity building agenda for the mission, developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the mission and tailoring a curriculum to provide skills development to mission staff. The activity has an anticipated period of performance of 5 years.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisors will lead all components that support the performance monitoring needs of AOR/CORs, team leaders, technical office directors, and Front Office. This support will include activity-level and IR-level MEL Plan development, data collection methodology, data quality assessments, site improvement monitoring system work, and maintenance of the implementing partner reporting system. The site improvement monitoring system work will include coordinating site visits and ensuring all relevant reporting is completed to fulfil. They will provide support in designing, implementing, and utilizing performance and impact evaluations, sector assessments, baseline surveys, evaluation methodologies, and research methodology. They will balance the statistical validity requirements of rigorous design and the real-world conditions of activities on the ground, which require creative and untraditional designs. Expertise in developing experimental and quasi-experimental designs to evaluate international development programs is a plus. In addition, fluency in written and spoken English is required, and Kiswahili language skills are also desired.
- Master’s degree in areas such as evaluation, organizational development, international development, economics, or related social science discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in international development on monitoring, evaluation, and learning programs in general.
- Minimum of 5 demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, including performance management plan development, data quality assessments, and/or participatory data collection methods and/or demonstrated experience in evaluation, assessment and/or research design and implementation specifically.
- Thorough technical knowledge of monitoring, evaluation methods, and performance management, including, but not limited to, data collection and analysis, evaluation planning, evaluation design and management, dissemination of evaluation results, and learning.
- Progressively responsible experience managing complex donor-funded projects, including M&E; USAID experience strongly preferred. At least three years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries.
- Working experience in Tanzania and/or neighboring countries is essential with preference for Tanzanian nationals.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
How to apply
For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line: “Tanzania MEA Application” by May 8, 2022. OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. This position is contingent upon contract award from USAID.