Website United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 May 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of National Consultant for Independent Evaluation of the UN to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||National Consultant for Independent Evaluation of the UN “Delivering as One” (DAO) Programme Implementation Modality. (2 Positions)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||at least 10 years|
|Application Deadline||17 May 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Aim of the United Nations to undertake the independent evaluation of DAO is to demonstrate the Quality and Value or the Merit of ONE UN/Delivery As One in targeted states in making differences for states institutions, communities, families, and children & women for: i) Learning of successful innovative approaches to improve future operational joint UN program delivery and to influence States and National Policies and ii) for Accountability to Communities, States, Govt and Development Partners.
How can you make a difference:
- To assess the status and relevance of the DaO programme implementation modality in focus States, with an emphasis on how it addressed the strategic vision of the UNDAF/P, as well as the development aspirations of the states and Nigeria.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the DaO programme implementation modality in the focus States in achieving expected results (outcomes and outputs) committed within the results frameworks of the joint annual work plans, and how they contribute to the outputs and outcomes of the UNDAF/P, including meeting the expectations of men, women, boys and girls and other vulnerable groups including people with disabilities (PWDs).
- To assess the Value For Money – the efficiency of the budgeting and funding of the DaO States (financial and human resources including time and in-kind support), about the envelope of the participating UN agencies, including its cost-effectiveness stemming from the complementary role of the UN, government and partners.
- Provide an independent appraisal of the DaO programme implementation modality in the focus States within the scope of work to highlight the coherence of the coordination and partnership mechanisms employed to deliver as one UN, against initial UN commitments and expected results as agreed within the DaO work plans and the outcomes (and outputs) of the UNDAF/P including joint UN Humanitarian Actions.
- To evaluate and document the contribution of the DaO programme implementation modality in the focus States to UN reform and its significant contribution to addressing the development aspirations of the states, and consequently, Nigeria;
- To identify key success factors, good practices, innovative approaches and setbacks to draw lessons;
- Propose strategic recommendations for evidence-based programing to support future DaO programme design, implementations and/or expansion to other states
Qualification & Experience:
- The team leader should have an advanced university degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in public administration, development studies, public health, business management, economics, international relations/law or another relevant field, with at least 10 years of proven experience in leading development and humanitarian evaluations, especially in the area of governance, human rights, economic growth, basic social services, health and WASH, peace and security. Having conducted positively rated evaluations against the UNEG Standards for any UN Agency or country will be considered an asset for the team leader. The team leader to be recruited should, furthermore, have a strong development background with a solid understanding of the humanitarian aspects and of the humanitarian development nexus. The team leader is also required to have sound expertise in UN strategic planning processes (UNSDPF) and the DaO programmatic implementation, including familiarity with key concepts/approaches such as Result Based Management (RBM), Huma Rights Based Approach (HRBA), gender equality, leave no one behind (LNOB) and UN reform process; S/he should have previous evaluation experience in Nigeria.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF National Consultant for Independent Evaluation of the UN Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.