Website Simbisa Brands Limited
Simbisa Brands Limited
Simbisa “to strengthen” and “to empower”
Working under the supervision of the General Manager, the Operations Manager will have to enhance the image of the group through the improvement and upholding of set operational standards and procedures that pertain to all facets of customer service and satisfaction. The incumbent will also be responsible for assuring that finished products are conforming to specifications, standards and customer needs. Additionally, they will ensure proper documentation of procedures for optimization of processes in adherence to the implementation and maintenance of our company and franchise systems, processes and procedures.
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the set operational standards for customer service are met and all outlets are serving customers in a consistent and professional manner.
- Ensures that all staff in shops are correctly and smartly dressed at all times and ensuring that their appearance conforms to set rules pertaining to food handling.
- To check and verify that all set standard procedures in the preparation of food are followed and that top quality food is produced at all times and that such food is packed and given to the customers in the set or prescribed manner.
- To check that adequate manpower levels are available during every shift and bring to the Human Resource Department’s attention any distinct manpower shortage or instances of overstaffing.
- To co-ordinate and assist in the setting of budgets for the shop(s) and ensure adherence and achievement of these set targets.
- To check that periodic servicing is done on all mechanical equipment at agreed intervals.
- To ensure that the décor, general appearance and housekeeping of all shops inclusive of general floors and ablution blocks are maintained in an immaculate state.
- To assist in the acquisition and delivery of products for the shop(s) and chase up orders and “liaise” with suppliers and procurement to meet agreed standards and deadlines.
- To stay close to the customers and maintain effective communication with them.
- To ensure that complaints and issues are actioned without delay and that effective follow up takes place to avoid recurrence.
- Carries out research on customer perception, buying patterns and formulate strategies to boost revenue in spite of possible obstacles.
- To identify training needs and ensure that where complaints are a result of poor customer service, remedial training is effected in liaison with the Training/Human Resource department.
- To cultivate morale and team spirit within the group and to ensure that friendly and courteous service is given to customers at all times.
- To conduct regular meetings with shop and shift managers where applicable and ensure such meetings are minuted and copied to the Senior Management Team.
- To demonstrate good judgment and good diplomatic skills by effectively changing staff attitudes in a manner that does not encroach on the power vested on the shop/shift managers.
- To be aware of current trends in the industry and make suggestions on how these could be implemented for the benefit of the company.
- To understand the financial models of each shop and that each shop brings out the ideal gross profits.
- To daily monitor gross profits for each shop and liaise with the respective managers to ensure that correct gross profits are maintained.
- To check and sign-off daily reconciliation sheet for each shop and ensure that all variances are cleared without fail.
- To be constantly aware of the cost of commodities and their impact on gross profits to ensure maximum savings are made on purchases.
- To be constantly aware of competitor activities.
- To project at all times managerial flair and utmost confidentiality and integrity through the avoidance of inciting others to disobey company rules and regulations expressing offensive views, sabotage and breach of confidence.
- Any other duties assigned or delegated from time to time.
Skills and Attributes:
- Self-motivated and proactive with a high level of compassion, empathy and integrity.
- Strongly believes in collaboration and teamwork.
- Proven ability to deal effectively with and resolve conflict and confrontation.
- Results and impact-oriented
- Highly focused, result driven and outstanding organizational skills.
- Be presentable and have a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- A pleasant personality and able to communicate well with customers and staff at a higher level.
- Have excellent people skills and a strong sense of urgency and bias to action.
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Familiarity with business and financial principles as well as experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Leadership ability.
- Educational qualifications – The minimum qualification for this position is an Advanced Diploma or Degree in Business Administration/Operations Management or equivalent certified and recognized tertiary qualifications, Hotel and Catering Certificate or Diploma is an added advantage.
- Experience – This position requires at least 3 years’ relevant experience in the hospitality industry.
- Nationality – Zambian or Residential Permit Holder.
Only candidates who meet the specified qualifications should apply. Please submit an application with the following:
- Cover Letter – a 1 page description of why you are suitable for the Operations Manager role
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – describing your experience, qualifications and at least 3 traceable referees.
Send via email the stated documentation to email@example.com and make sure to indicate in the email subject line the position you are applying for.
Closing Date: 20th January 2022 at 23:59hrs. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Simbisa Brands takes equal opportunity seriously – by choice. All are encouraged to apply.