PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sectoral partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. The Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) is a multi-year grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to PATH to support a range of malaria activities with country partners including National Malaria Programs, funders, and implementing organizations.
[wbcr_html_snippet id=”920″ title=”display ads”]
The PATH Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) is currently recruiting for a Zambia Team Lead to manage PATH MACEPA portfolio in Zambia. PATH is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong management skills, public health experience, robust analytical and writing skills, and extensive organization and communication skills to serve as Zambia Team Lead for MACEPA. S/he is responsible for providing strategic and technical direction and implementation of research and project(s) design and seen as the subject matter expert in their respective technical area.
- Manage the portfolio of PATH MACEPA’s work in Zambia, collaborating with the PATH country office, and PATH and MACEPA’s regional and global technical staff to develop and update evidence-based and technically sound strategies for PATH’s malaria programs.
- Support development of annual country-specific work plans and assist the country team to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical
- Contribute to program evaluation, ensuring compliance with partner organization protocols, applicable government regulations, and organizational policies.
- Assess progress against goals and donor commitments to measure impact, identify program bottlenecks or weaknesses, help devise solutions to strengthen programs as necessary and ensure teams are consistently updated on progress and
- Ensure the quality of products and documents produced by PATH team members, including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with
[wbcr_html_snippet id=”920″ title=”display ads”]
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing across global, regional, and country-based team-members to institutionalize knowledge and ensure consistency of PATH’s technical and operational support to malaria
- Support contract and grant management, including development of concept notes, proposals, donor reports, and contractual agreements, and coordinate development of programmatic and financial
- Maintain strong relationships with the Ministry of Health and partner organizations working on malaria in Zambia to coordinate PATH MACEPA’s work with that of
- Represent PATH MACEPA at national meetings and conferences, manage relationship and coordination with local bodies
- Contribute to resources mobilization and business development in close collaboration with the global team
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Degree in public health, medicine, social sciences, business or related field, and a minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects and/or offices and staff, including at least three years of leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the context of
- 10+ years of work experience with increasing levels of responsibility and
- Knowledge of malaria, disease elimination, and/or other major global infectious disease
- Experience working and communicating with government officials and multilateral organizations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving
- Fluency in English with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.