Website International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
The CIMMYT has published a job vacancy announcement on April 30, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Post-Doctoral Fellow Cropping Systems Agronomist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center|
|Position||Post-Doctoral Fellow Cropping Systems Agronomist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||D. in Agronomy, Soil Science, or a closely related field|
|Application Deadline||May 20, 2022|
CIMMYT Job Vacancy 2022
- Work closely with CIMMYT staff and supervise the day-to-day management of agronomic research programs focused on sustainable intensification in southern Africa
- Oversee and monitor the management of high-quality long-term trials, both on-station and on-farm, to study effects on system productivity, soil quality, water and nutrient use efficiencies, and pest and disease dynamics.
- Install, manage, and supervise state of the art soil-, water- and plant monitoring equipment and tools
- Spearhead data synthesis and analysis from large available dataset from regional conservation agriculture long-term trials
- Provide practical training to local researchers and extension agents on managing agronomic research programs including promotion and research backstopping for the effective adoption of improved and more sustainable cropping systems.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with diverse actors, including national agricultural research programs and advanced research institutes, so that expertise and advanced technologies from the latter reach farmers’ fields.
- Assist in surveys, farmer-to-farmer exchange, and study tours to facilitate widespread adoption of sustainable intensification technologies
- Communicate research results to diverse audiences, including scientists, change agents, policymakers, the media, and farmers.
- Help develop new SI initiatives in the region and elsewhere.
- D. in Agronomy, Soil Science, or a closely related field
- Considerable practical agricultural experience, including experience with on-farm research and farm equipment.
- Experience with adapting agricultural practices to local biophysical and socioeconomic conditions.
- Strong record of high-quality scientific publication and experience in translating research results into bulletins and training materials.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in the common software packages.
- Strong expertise in R and related open-source software and packages.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Willingness to spend considerable time away from home.
- Commitment to advances in farm productivity and poverty reduction in the developing world.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, and Communication.
How to Apply CIMMYT Post-Doctoral Fellow Cropping Systems Agronomist Jobs 2022
- Candidates must apply online for IRS22123_ Post-Doctoral Fellow – Cropping Systems Agronomist. Screening and follow-up of applications will begin on Friday, May 20th, 2022. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at email@example.com
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- This position will remain open until filled.
- CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.