Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th May 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Associate to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||Programme Associate (NPSA7)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 04 years|
|Application Deadline||25th May 2022|
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support with protocol matters and travel arrangements (i.e. airline tickets, visas, hotels, daily subsistence allowance, work permit);
- Assist in the preparation of various materials and other reports; handle arrangement for printing and translation as necessary;
- Provides support to the office with logistical arrangements related to training/workshops/conferences etc., through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts and identifying the most cost-efficient meeting venue options;
- Manage petty cash.
- Maintains inventory of office items;
- Ensures that services and maintenance of premises and equipment are in accordance with organizational standards;
- Monitors and arrange for vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance Checks and record of vehicle daily log and fuel consumption;
- Liaise with premises owner with regards to servicing/repairs of facilities.
- Perform general office support and administrative functions (e.g., recording personnel leave and attendance, travel requests, contracts preparation, supporting visa applications, etc.);
- Ensure proper documentation and filing (both paper and electronic).
- General office management, including cleaning services and the procurement, maintenance, security and repair of office equipment.
Provides effective support to Programme and projects formulation and implementation:
- Support project documentation preparation, work plans, budgets;
- Maintain and keep (original) donor and partner-related documentation of the project;
- Provide both internal and external clients (including Country Offices) with timely and adequate support/ information on programme and project activities;
- Backstopping CO Programme Associates in administrative and operational matters if needed;
- Support to COs in preparing project budget revisions, review of budget revisions
- Support to operational and financial closure of projects, including appropriate reporting to HQ.
Provides financial support to the IDE Practice focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of projects Financial Reports;
- Support with creation of projects in Atlas, creation of project award, determination of un-utilized funds and donor balances, operational and financial close of a project;
- Support with Annual review of project transactions and follow up on Atlas generated Combined Delivery Reports (CDRs) that should be signed by the project managers and uploaded to Atlas;
- Recommends and makes the budget revisions ensuring that appropriate formats are used and uploaded to Atlas;
- Sets up and monitors the budgets, updates financial information on delivery and status of implementation of the projects.
Provides operational support to IDE Practice focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas;
- Support with payments in ERP, following up payment of vendors Creation and with introduction of e-procurement module approval of requisitions in Atlas for projects;
- Supports monthly, quarterly and annual closure of accounts as per instructions issued by the appropriate unit;
- Assists in meetings, drafts minutes and correspondence as requested;
- Assists in ad-hoc Practice administrative and operational issues as requested.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Secondary Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science or related field is desirable but not a requirement.
Experience and required skills:
- Minimum 7 years (Secondary Education) or 4 years (Bachelor degree) of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- High level planning, organizational and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Excellent organizational and technical skills;
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills;
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable;
- Experience working in NGOS and private sector is desirable.
- Proficiency in English language (written and oral).
- Job Identification: 3613
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Programme Associate Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/Candidate………
The Closing Date: 25th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.