Website United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th April 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer Temporary to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Position||Programme Management Officer Temporary|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||20th April 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER, P3 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 14 April 2022 – 20 April 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UNEP-177499-J-Nairobi (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences, public policy, political science of communications is required. A first level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in programme management with emphasis on the candidate having experience of being in a leadership roles in either a policy, communications or advocacy role, ideally in an environmental organization is required.
- Experience of working in an international context with experience of influencing policy change, ideally in an environmental context, is desirable.
How to Apply UNEP Programme Management Officer Temporary Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=177499
The Closing Date: 20th April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.