Website United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR )
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 9th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Protection Associate to be based in Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||17th May 2022|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2022
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Assist in providing comments on existing and draft legislation related to PoC.
- Provide advice on protection issues to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Assist in conducting eligibility and status determination for PoC.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Manage individual protection cases including those on GBV and child protection. Monitor, and intervene in cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Assist in identifying durable solutions for the largest possible number of PoC through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Facilitate effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on PoC and their problems.
- Participate in initiatives to capacitate authorities, relevant institutions and NGOs to strengthen national protection related legislation and procedures.
- Assist the supervisor in prioritizing PoC for interview, counselling and propose protection support for individual cases.
- Assist the supervisor with enforcing compliance of local implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- Assit the supervisor with enforcing compliance with, and integrity of, all protection standard operating procedures.
- Submit individual payments request for PoC for approval.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Protection Associate , Temporary Appointment
- Location: Mekele, Eth Fed Dem Rep
- Hardship Level: D
- Job ID
- Salary Grade
- Family Location Type: Non-Family
- High School Diploma.
- 3 years Relevant Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Protection Associate Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 17th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.