Website World Bank Group
The World Bank Group has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th April 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Economist Health to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||World Bank Group|
|Position||Senior Economist Health|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Eight years|
|Application Deadline||10th May 2022|
World Bank Group Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Accountabilities: We are looking to hire a Senior Health Economist to work on the Ethiopia CMU portfolio, which covers Ethiopia, Sudan and South Sudan, and as needed, work in other CMUs and other Africa regional analytical and advisory activities. The staff member will report to the HNP Practice manager for the East Africa region and will be responsible for:
- Developing and leading key analytical and advisory engagements (specific areas under themes of health financing, service delivery, resilience) including production of knowledge pieces, supporting relevant dissemination, policy dialogue and capacity-building activities (e.g., workshops, seminars);
- Sharing new insights and global knowledge on relevant HNP topics based on in-depth understanding of the local country context, including adapting recommendations and solutions to client needs;
- Leading and/or contributing to policy dialogue with government counterparts and other relevant stakeholders;
- Collaborating with and supporting the HD Practice Leader, the HNP cluster lead, task teams and CMU with relevant analysis, peer review, advice and policy guidance related to all HNP issues;
- Expanding the resources available for analytical and advisory work through mobilization of financial resources, identifying experts and building a consultant network;
- Providing guidance and technical support to other HNP team members on core analytics (such as public expenditure reviews, economic and financial analysis);
- Contributing to sector-specific or cross-sectoral inputs for various operational products/outputs (e.g. sector/country briefings, background reports, portfolio performance reviews, etc.); and
- Responding to ad hoc information requests from GP management, region, CMU, government counterparts, and other internal and external parties.
- supporting the Unit’s briefs, blogs, strategy documents, and papers on critical HNP issues for both internal and external audiences
- Helping the team with build and maintain partnerships and networks within the Bank (in HNP as well as other sectors) and with external development partners and think-tanks;
Position in Organization:
- Economist, Health
- Job #: req17267
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Health/Nutrition/Population
- Grade: GG
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s):
- Closing Date: 5/10/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, health Economics.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant professional experience with health financing, and or health service delivery projects is required.
How to Apply World Bank Group Senior Economist Health Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=17267&site=1
The Closing Date: 10th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.