Website Abt Associates
The Abt Associates has published a job vacancy announcement on 12 May 2022 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior HIV Advisor to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
|Position||Senior HIV Advisor|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Nine years|
|Application Deadline||09 June 2022|
Abt Associates Job Vacancy 2022
Opportunity: The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards. LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria in three states (Nasarwa, Plateau and Zamfara) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery. The project will also support HIV/AIDS and TB financing in Lagos State. The activity has five objectives:
- Increase financial risk protection
- Improve population health coverage
- Increase number of fully functional facilities
- Increase utilization of state health insurance schemes for HIV/AIDS and TB services
- Increase government funding for HIV/AIDs and TB services
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to increase utilization of health insurance schemes and state-level advocacy efforts to increase funding and expenditures, with a focus on vulnerable populations and social inclusion
- Coordinate efforts with current implementing programs and build upon efforts of previous implementing partners
- Work in close collaboration with state government, including the Lagos State AIDS Control Agency (LSACA), Lagos State Health Management Agency (LASHMA), Lagos SMOH’s AIDS and STI control program (SASCP), and other appropriate stakeholders
- Oversee planning and procurement for HIV commodities
- Assess and strengthen capacity of states in public financial management and domestic resource mobilization for HIV and TB
- Lead creating and implementation of strategy to operationalize HIV testing and TB diagnostic services and development of an integrated system for tracking enrolment and delivery of HIV services.
- Strengthen the capacity of civil society partners with the objective of strengthening their sustainable role in HIV and TB responses
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Management, Medicine, Health Administration, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated expertise in strengthening health systems, including social health protection schemes and domestic resource mobilization.
- Experience managing HIV activities for USAID programs or other implementing partner
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, state and national offices and officials, and other development partners
- A proven, successful record of achieving results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively and independently. Strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
- Proficient English writing/speaking skills required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Abt Associates Senior HIV Advisor Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 09 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.