Website United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th May 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Senior Programme Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Position||Senior Programme Management Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||24th June 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
- Takes the lead to develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes/projects, to support transformational approaches and mainstreaming of biodiversity conservation, including in food systems, health and other key sectors; directs subordinates in programme/project development, implementation, monitoring and assessment; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Ensures implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women of any planned action, including legislation, policies or programmes, in all areas and at all levels.
- Directs research and programme evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Directs substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences,, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Manages outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars,, makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and ensures preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
- Serves as an effective spokesperson and establishes collaboration and partnerships with key officials at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Ensures effective utilization, supervision and development of staff; Guides, evaluates and mentors staff.
May perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER, P5
- Job Code Title: SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 11 May 2022 – 24 June 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UNEP-178949-R-Nairobi (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social sciences, business administration, management, law or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization, partnership management or programme coordination or related area is required.
- Experience in leading and coordinating engagement with the private sector is required.
- Experience in developing new strategies, change management initiatives or unit reform activities is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
How to Apply UNEP Senior Programme Management Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=178949
The Closing Date: 24th June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.