We are looking for a highly motivated, Senior Technical Program Manager with both business and technical acumen to work on Amazon Health. You will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, will demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
If you enjoy dealing with high ambiguity, complexity and broad scope that will be at the epicenter of our initiative, come join us!
About the team
Amazon’s mission is to make it dramatically easier for customers to access the healthcare products and services they need to get and stay healthy. Towards this mission, we (Health Storefront and Shared Tech) are building the technology, products and services, that help customers find, buy, and engage with the healthcare solutions they need.
- 10+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
- 10+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent program management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making process
* MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field and/or 5+ years software development experience
* Expertise in recommender systems and/or machine learning
* Experience working with extremely large datasets
* Experience in a startup environment
* Creative leader with proven ability to tackle ambiguity
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Strong problem solving and communication skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams, and demonstrate on time delivery
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.