Amazon Pharmacy is committed to building the future of pharmacy and to deliver on being the earth’s most customer centric Pharmacy. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you are passionate about the future of healthcare this is your chance to make history by joining the Pharmacy Operations team.
What’s This Job All About?
As a Pharmacist Team Lead you will be responsible for managing and assisting the pharmacist team in their day-to-day tasks. You will be working as a partner with the Department Manager and/or Site Leader to seamlessly integrate clinical expertise into the operations team. You will also be responsible
for providing high-level clinical process input and oversight to ensure a strict level of medication safety and ensuring the highest level of pharmaceutical quality Amazon Pharmacy is dispensed to our customers. As a Pharmacist Team Lead, you will be engaging in pharmacy quality assurance, providing
clinical oversight of operational practices, answering clinical questions and completing ancillary pharmacist tasks required to drive pharmacy operations. The majority of this role will be managerial in nature. This role will report to the Department Manager
Key job responsibilities
● Management and oversight of a team of pharmacists who work in the department.
● Coordinate with Operations Managers to provide clinical guidance to process and project
changes in coordination with the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC)
● Manage and develop quality improvement measures
● Monitor packet and bulk set production to ensure the appropriate medication quality assurance checks are being conducted
● Answer clinical questions, provide clinical guidance where necessary surrounding department processes
● Work directly with the site’s Pharmacist in Charge to ensure regulatory compliance in daily operations
● Responsible for the training and development of the RPh team
● Create rotational job assignments and coordinate with the Department Manager on daily and weekly shift plans
● Investigate quality errors and facilitate proper resolution, reporting, and coaching as necessary
● Doctorate or Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
● Active and unrestricted Pharmacist License in domicile state
● Active and unrestricted Pharmacist License in a minimum of 8 out of 17 US states which require a Non-resident PIC license, or willingness to obtain within the first 6 months in role. PIC will assign the 8 state licenses based on what is currently needed for redundancy purposes. This requirement is only applicable to roles that are tied to a dispensing pharmacy location.
● Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations surrounding pharmacy practices and patient safety
● Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
● Ability to work in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
● Strong problem solver and drive to find a resolution to know problems
● Requires a high level of Bias for Action
● Ability to collaborate and work well with leaders and peers at various levels within the
● Must be flexible to work weekends and/or evenings with occasional extra time as required
● Understanding of Lean Methodologies
● Previous experience with pharmacy automation
● Familiarity with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
● Ability to speak to performance metrics (how, when, who)
● Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, & intelligence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.