Website United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th May 2022 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Technical Assistant to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||Technical Assistant (TA) to support Health Management Information System (HMIS)|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||20th May 2022 @ (Midnight New York, USA)|
Duties and Responsibilities
The international consultant will work with the staff of Directorate of Policy, Planning, Budgeting, and Research, in MOH to carry out the following tasks:
- Develop an inception report with detailed work plan for providing this technical support the review and finalize the HMIS policy and strategy, and guidelines and plan for integration of Health Management Information System through strengthening of the DHIS2 system functionality.
- Work with the technical team at the Directorate to review and finalize the policy and strategy for Health Information System
- Development of reporting guidelines, roadmap and comprehensive plan for integration of the Health Management Information System through the DHIS2 as the national reporting platform for health in South Sudan
- Develop the operational guidelines for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HMIS integration, DQAs and periodic data and system reviews to strengthen the system functionality
- Support the team to customize all the reporting tools and modules to enable the individual case data to be captured across the cascade.
- Customize standard reports for aggregate reporting at the various levels
- Update all reporting tools for DHIS 2 module and/or Integrate DHIS2 system with other systems. The tools required for integration of HMIS systems will include but not limited to: Laboratory management Information system (LMIS), Logistics Information management system (supply chain Management)-LIMS, e-TB system, electronic medical record (EMR) system, EWAS, IDSR, IHRIS to the District Health Information System (DHIS 2) at the MOH.
- Reviewing and updating the guidelines, SOPs and tools including checklists and reporting template for joint supportive supervision
- Facilitate the validation workshop.
- Provide mentorship and capacity building to the members of the DHIS2 Technical team.
- Perform any other related duties that will be assigned by the supervisor.
The consultant will be expected to submit the following deliverables:
- Inception report developed detailing the next steps.
- HMIS policy and strategy reviewed and finalized.
- Guidelines, roadmap, annual plan and operational guidelines for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HMIS integration developed.
- DHIS/HMIS training manual reviewed and updated.
- Updated guidelines, SOPs and tools including checklists and reporting template for joint supportive supervision
- Final consultancy report submitted.
- Advanced degree (Master’s level) in a relevant field (Monitoring and Evaluation, Biostatistics, econometrics, advanced statistical analysis, data/information/health management).
- At least five years expertise in information system management, database administration and Management.
- Five years’ experience in health information management systems
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Technical Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job………
The Closing Date: 20th May 2022 (Midnight New York, USA)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.