Website World Health Organization (WHO)
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25th April 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Technical Officer Genome Surveillance to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization|
|Position||Technical Officer Genome Surveillance|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||15th May 2022|
WHO Job Vacancy 2022
Purpose Of The Position: The Genome Surveillance Officer is responsible for technical guidance and support for the implementation of genomic surveillance in the respective emergency sub-regional hub. The incumbent provides technical support on the implementation of guidelines, strategies, and standards for surveillance and molecular diagnosis of emerging pathogens with pandemic and epidemic potential.
Position in Organization:
- Technical Officer – Genome Surveillance
- Grade: P4
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two (2) years
- Job Posting: Apr 23, 2022, 9:50:10 PM
- Closing Date: May 15, 2022, 3:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Organization: AF/EPR Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Schedule: Full-time
- Master’s degree in virology, microbiology, molecular epidemiology, genomics, genetics, or other related science-based discipline from an accredited institution.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional work experience in public health pathogen genomics. At least 7 years of proven experience in public health in the field of preparedness and response to epidemic events, outbreaks and other public health emergencies.
- Experience in WHO and/or the UN System in the areas of outbreak preparedness and response; field experience in public health programmes or emergency response programmes in developing countries.
How to Apply WHO Technical Officer Genome Surveillance Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203800
The Closing Date: 15th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.