Kenya National Examination Council abbreviated as KNEC is the national examination body tasked with the responsibility of overseeing examinations in Kenya. Thanks to KNEC Kenya as a country we can boast of having one of the most reliable education assessments in the world at large. If you are looking for information on how to register and pay for examination, at the primary and secondary level or check for your results, then am glad to inform you that you are at the right place. We have pieced together all the necessary information you need to know about KNEC and how to get to them.
KNEC official website
With the advancement in technology, you do not have to stress out yourself travelling to KNEC’s headquarters in Nairobi or to the one within your locality. Through KNEC official website www.knec.ac.ke you can easily access all the information you need at the click of a button.Likewise, through KNEC portal ww.knec-portal.ac.ke you are also able to find important information that you need concerning this body.
What is KNEC?
The Kenya National Examinations Council is an institution established in 1980 and tasked with the responsibility of conducting education at the primary and secondary level in Kenya. This institution acts on behalf of the government when it comes to the administration of examinations and policies at the primary, secondary, and tertiary level, expect the universities. In addition to this role, this institution is also tasked with the responsibility of issuing certificates to all the qualified candidates in the country.
With the advancement of technology, KNEC in conjunction with the Ministry of Education in Kenya has come up with stringent measures to ensure that the examinations in the country are conducted in the right manner to minimize the high rates of cheating and other irregularities. To ensure this is so, the institution has adopted technology right from registration of candidates to releasing f results. Below is the simple process of Kenya national examination council online registration.
Currently, the KNEC registration process in Kenya is 100% online and electronic. To register, one needs to visit this website: www.knec-registration.ac.ke/kcpe/
How to register online for KNEC KCPE & KCSE exams
1. The registration process for KCPE and KCSE runs from January 1 to March 31 which is preceded by a pre-registration that runs from November 1 to December 31 with a deadline of March 31.
2. KCPE and KCSE candidates need to visit www.knec.ac.ke and upload all their details and photographs.
3. Private candidates, however, are required to download these forms from KNEC portal, fill them before presenting them to their respective district education officers
4. Note that name amendments can and will only be done once the results are out. However, the head teachers have to write explaining to the council the origin of the mistake and pay Sh3,000 fine per candidate.
KNEC KCPE and KCSE Registration Confirmation
Once the registration process is over the KNEC KCPE & KCSE registration confirmation for candidates can be initiated. This process is also purely online.
For KCSE confirmation, candidates are advised to visit the following the web page www.knec-portal.ac.ke/confirmation/KCPEDefault.aspx
How to Check KCPE/KCSE Results
The other thing you will have to learn is how to check your KCSE and KCPE results. The good news is that you can check both via SMS and online. Below is how to go about this process:
How to Check KCPE Results 2016 SMS
To get KCPE and KCSE results by SMS, a candidate is required to send an SMS with their Index Number to 22252 using either Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom networks. With this method, you need to know that the SMS charges apply.
How to Check KCPE Results Online
To check KCPE and KCSE results online. Visit the KNEC website: http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/ and enter your index number. it is that simple.
KCPE Result Slip
Thanks to KNEC portal you can also download and print your result slip easily. Thanks to this portal, parents can check and raise any issue once they detect anomalies with the candidate’s name, school name, code as well as grades posted. The results slip, however, are only available at the portal after a month of results release.
Below are some of the things you can accomplish through the portal
– Check candidate registration for K C S E
– Download KCSE result slip
– Check KCSE results for any year
Note this portal is both for Primary and Secondary schools.
KNEC Portal – KNEC awards certiﬁcates in the following examinations;
As highlighted in the function of KNEC, other than regulating examination in Kenya it also is responsible for issuing certificates to all the qualified candidates. Below are some of the certificate the institution offers.
Kenya Certiﬁcate of Primary Education (KCPE)
2. Kenya Certiﬁcate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
3. Primary Teachers Education (PTE)
4. Teacher Certiﬁcate in Adult Education (TCAE)
5. Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE)
6. Business Education Single and Group Subjects Examinations (Certiﬁcate)
7. Business Management Courses (Certiﬁcate and Diploma)
8. Technical Education (Certificate, Diploma and Higher National Diploma)
KNEC also administers examinations on behalf of all other registered foreign exams boards registered in Kenya such as
1) Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
2) The Association of Business Managers and Administrators (ABMA)
3) Association of Business Executives (ABE)
4) Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
5) Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
6) Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
7) Edexcel International (GCE/IGCSE examinations)
8) Institute for the Management of Information Systems (IMIS)
9) Institute of Actuaries (IA)
10) Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
11) Institute of Financial Accountants
12) International Association of Bookkeepers (IFA/IAB)
KNEC Physical location: National Housing Corporation (NHC) House, Aga Khan Walk
KNEC Tel:+254 020 3317412/ 2213381/ 3317419 / 3341113 / 3341071 / 3317413 /3317427 / 3341098/ 3341027/ 3341050 /
KNEC Email: email@example.com
KNEC Fax: +254-020- 2226032
KNEC Mobile: 0732333860/0720741001
KNEC portal : www.knec-portal.ac.ke
KNEC Website: www.knec.ac.ke
The Kenya national examinations council is a very important academic body in the education sector in Kenya, and KNEC portal is just its creative and innovative way to ensure that the institution meets on its mandate to the citizens. The above simple guide is a clear path to follow for both candidates and teachers. The registration guide and result confirmation guide should help anyone who’s preparing to sit for their examination through the institution. If this is not enough, you should not hesitate to reach out to the institution through their many contacts provided above.