In a bid to mitigate overstretched tutoring force in both public primary and secondary schools, the Teachers Service Commission announced that it would hire 10,300 intern teachers. Out of the 10,300 posts, 4,300 are for primary school while 6,000 are secondary school teachers. Nevertheless, eligible TSC intern recruitment candidates have recently found it problematic as far as the application process is concerned.
Well, to declare your candidature in this vacancy, you should submit your application through TSC Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS). The process is a bit byzantine, but with the right tips and guide, it is pretty straight forward.
TSC intern recruitment
For aspiring TSC interns, here is a step by step guide that will show you how to use HRMIS software to submit your application for the TSC intern recruitment. Follow all the steps outlined here to the latter to avoid errors.
Eligibility for TSC intern teachers application
Before applying for these vacancies, you must make sure you are qualified to avoid wasting your much needed time. Here are the requirements, duration, and remunerations for these posts.
TSC interns’ requirements
If you are interested in filling one of these positions, then you should meet the following essential prerequisites:
- You should be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of valid and original professional and academic certificates.
- Be unemployed and also not previously contracted by the TSC permanently.
- Be a registered teacher as per the TSC ACT of 2012.
- For primary school teachers, you should at least have a P1 certificate. For secondary school tutors, a diploma in education is the minimum requirement.
- You should be ready to be employed and posted to any school in Kenya where your services are required.
- It is mandatory to have a personal accident insurance cover, which will repay any risks and loses during the period.
- Additionally, you should have a national identity card or a passport and a copy of a valid KRA PIN certificate.
- Two coloured passport photographs.
- TSC registration certificate.
Internship duration and remunerations
These posts will last for 12 months. The position is not a paid one. However, TSC will entitle secondary school tutors to a stipend of Ksh. 15,000. Primary school teachers will receive Ksh. 10,000 per month. This salary will be subject to any statutory deductions if applicable.
Caution to applicants
Do not pay any amount of money to apply for the TSC intern recruitment posts. The exercise is free and fair, so be aware of conmen and fraudsters who might ask for money to assist in recruitment. Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean that you should go to a cyber and apply for free. You should pay for all the services provided.
TSC internship application process
As earlier mentioned, you should use the HRMIS TSC recruitment portal for interns to apply for one of these available vacancies. You will, therefore, need the following:
- A laptop/computer
- An active internet connection
- Basic computer skills
- Your phone as an SMS code will be sent from TSC
- Around 5 to 10 uninterrupted minutes
Logging in to the TSC recruitment portal for interns
This procedure applies to all the teachers regardless of if you are applying for a secondary or primary position.
- Open your laptop/desktop favourite browser: Double-click on its icon. You can use Opera, Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge.
- Go to the HRIMIS login page.
- Sign into HRMIS: Enter your login name and password, then tap “OK, log in.”
- Click career: You will see this option on the topmost menu. Tap teachers/secretarial then wait as the next page contents are being loaded.
- Choose the “Apply for teachers’ recruitment/internship”: Upon selecting this, a drop-down list will be displayed.
- Key in the required details: Provide your TSC No, ID number, and mobile phone. You should then choose between primary or secondary through the drop-down menu.
7. An SMS code will be sent to your phone.
8. Enter the SMS code: Key in the code you just received on your mobile phone in the text box then click the “OK” button.
Primary school teachers application process
After following the above seven steps, primary school candidates should narrow down to this procedure.
- Click on apply/view: The screen below will appear. Tap on the button shown by the arrow in the snapshot.
2. Fill in your details: Fill in the required information such as email, PTE points, disability, home county and year of graduation.
3. Choose the ref: From the drop-down menu shown below, choose your reference number. Some details will be filled automatically after selecting it. Click “OK” if the details are okay.
Declare that the information provided is accurate: A popup will appear. Click the “OK” button to acknowledge that all the details you gave out are all true.
5. A screen of the summary of your application will be loaded: It will show the counties/sub-counties you have applied in. Note that TSC recruitment per county guideline states that you can make several applications in different counties/sub-counties.
Secondary school teachers online application process
After logging in TSC recruitment portal, use the procedure below if you are applying for a secondary position:
- Click the “apply/vie” button: The screen below for secondary school teacher application will appear. Click the button shown by the arrow.
Fill in your details: The next page will require you to fill in your information. You will key in the age, mobile, graduation year, class, NCPWD number, and qualification, among others.
3. Choose the ref number: From the drop-down menu, select your reference number so that some of your details might be filled automatically.
4. Specify the schools you wish to teach in: Click the + button just below the “Disability” section.
5. Choose your subjects, county/sub-county, and school: Upon clicking the +button, a popup will appear that will require you to choose where and what you will teach.
6. Tap the “OK” button: After completing step 5 above, hit the button shown below.
7. Apply for several vacancies: Don’t dwell on just one job. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to declare your candidature in as many posts as you want.
8. Confirm the details given: Tap the “OK” option. Declare that you have submitted the accurate information based on the best of your knowledge.
In case you experience any technical difficulties, contact the support team via the following contacts
- Head office location: Kilimanjaro Avenue, Nairobi
- Phone number 1: 020 289 2193
- Phone number 2: 020 289 2131/32
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official website: tsc.go.ke
You have successfully applied for TSC intern recruitment. The application process is that simple!